Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Social Security and Psychologist

Ok I have a couple questions maybe someone has some knowledge about them.

First Question I appled for SSDI due to CRPS. I applied befoe XMas 2009 , I got a letter and questionaire from Illinois Dept Of Human Services Div Of Rehab and Disablitiy Determination. My question is what do they have to do with my SSDI?

2nd question the above is requesting me to meet with a psychologist , Why ? I have had a IME from WC and have been evaluated bye WC Psychiatrist as well . What gives and what are they looking for and what questions will they ask ? Thanks for any info

Default Re: Social Security and Psychologist

Missing your exam can potentially mean a dismissal of your claim(failure to cooperate)
    I found this site: dhs.sd.gov/drs/vocrehab/vr.aspx

Sorry... that site was SD
    Try this one....www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=27894

Thanks Shovel

Shovelhead, thats funny I applied around the same time for ssd and filled out all the paperwork and sent it back including 6 medical releases. 7 weeks ago I get 2 big envelopes which contained questionaires for me to fill out and send back and more releases which i signed and sent back... the 2 questionaires came from Ohio rehabilitation services? I scaned the questionaires so i had them and now last week I get more medical releases to sign... They all say Ohio rehablition services like your for your state but they get sent to same address as the person taking care of my SSdi... What is really odd is I have all my medical records and sent them to them. I hope you hear soon.... Oh and 1 of the questionaires was for psych. and when i called and asked a question they asked me if i would be willing to see thier doctors! I said sure its not like i have anything to hide.

Bigd.. seeing a ssd dr is no big thing, at least in my case. I my mind I was thinking I'm going to get interrogated with all kinds of questions, physically tested and probed. I even brought a briefcase with all my paper work.
    Ended up I had a 5 min exam with a 75 year old Dr, answered a couple of questions and had an eye exam. It took maybe 15 min. I was very confused(lol)

Do you have a ssd aa?
    I hired one on my 2nd appeal. Still haven't heard anything yet.

Good Luck...

Smile Re: Social Security and Psychologist

I to applied at the end of Oct. 2009. I am seeing a Psychologist and a internist this month. So I've been at this almost 5 mo now. They tell me the reason mine was held up was I had a heart attack Dec and they have to wait 3 mo after that to cont. with the claim. My husband was also sent to a psychologist and a eye dr for his SSD. If you have noted in kind of depression is usually I think why they might send u to one?? The one my hubby went to, just asked general ??'s about his depression, if he was etc. It did last about an hr but was ok. I don't go until the end of the month. I am so hopeful my outcome will be good. I have lost my job of 20 yrs due to work injury. I have been unable to work for over a yr now. So I have started my long road to SSD.