New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctors

Default Doctors

seen ime doc stated nothing more could be done and mmi. treating doc said no work and said i would benifit from trigger point inj and pain management doc said samething my question is what doc is in charge of me treating doc or ime.

Default Re: Doctors

Your treating Dr has (should have) the finial say so.
    Keep in mind the IME is payed by the IC.
    It sounds like they maybe trying to cut off your benefits.
    I would seek a WC attorney if you don't already have one.

Good Luck.....

i understand the ime is payed by ic and the treating dr is to. went court to compel them judge ordered inj.it has been 3 weeks att. secratery tells me there is no time fram for them (ic) to make app. with pain dr. so how long does it take for the judges order to go into effect. thanks for the reply shovelhead

Sorry to say that you could be in for a long wait. Couldn't find anything on time frames.
    It's also sad to hear that your EE/IC can chose your treating physician.

Good Luck...

i always thought the judge had the final say in wc cases they where orderd 3 weeks ago to give me my treatments.

bach in 08 hurt my back had therapy and injections nothing worked was refered to ortho he said i needed an operation on l4-5 l5-s1 had opreation in 3-09 with instrumentation still having problems.

they term. my job because i was inactive on the payroll for 1 yr seen attending phys he orderd more injections wc approved it then denied it sent me to a ime he said i now have faild back syndrom and stopped paying me.

went court to compel them to give me shots judge agreed it took 3 weeks for them to send me to get shots.

attending phys. and pain docs have me out of work.

question do they still have to pay me?

i woul first like to say thank you for the oppertonity to post on you fourm,i was in need of some info and have not got so in a sense i am trying to say is there is no help for me on this fourm.

i will more than likly not be returning so thanks and i wish you all the best.

aintquiting
    my question is what doc is in charge of me treating doc or ime.
    SHOVELHEAD Re: Your treating Dr has (should have) the finial say so.
    Keep in mind the IME is payed by the IC.
    It sounds like they maybe trying to cut off your benefits.
    I would seek a WC attorney if you don't already have one.

aintquiting
    so how long does it take for the judges order to go into effect. thanks for the reply shovelhead
    SHOVELHEAD Re: Sorry to say that you could be in for a long wait. Couldn't find anything on time frames.
    It's also sad to hear that your EE/IC can chose your treating physician.

aintquiting
    i was in need of some info and have not got so in a sense i am trying to say is there is no help for me on this fourm.
    Alright, this game is over.
    Your question was answered, what more do you want?
    I reviewed your postings, it seems this has become your theme, ask a question - get the answer- then cry nobody's helping you.
    I also notice you don't contribute, or answer questions posed by others.
    It's give and take, this isn't your personal answering service.
    I've banned you once for attacking this board, I gave you another chance, don't push me in a corner.
    Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

on 3-17-09 had a deccompreeion lumbar laminctomy partial l4 complete l5 partials1 bilateral foraminotomies of l4-l5 and s1 transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion l4-l5 and l5-s1 posterolateral fusion at l4-l5 and l5-s1 posterior segmental instrumentation l4-l5 and l5-s1 with synthes screws with local bone graft harvested from the lamina and morcelized.

at this time the patient is about 30% better,and it appears the patient now has a failed back syndrome.

Aintquiting,
    I hope you are recovering well from your last procedure?? I am a bit confused as to what "at this time the patient is about 30% better,and it appears the patient now has a failed back syndrome." means?? 30% better from what point?? Is this the same Dr who rated you MMI the first time??

Considering the time that has past since your first injury and the DX of failed back syndrome, if you feel this injury has left you unable to work even sedentary jobs I would file for SSD/SSI ASAP if you have not done so. If you had even 1 pre-exsisting condition (including non work injury/illnesses) before this work injury you may also be eligible for 2nd injury fund benefits should you be found totally disabled by the SSA. Even something like hearing loss in one ear could qualify as a pre existing conditon. If you like I have a SS help page loaded with important information every patient filing for SS benefits should read while they wait for determination. This can help you avoid making the most common mistakes that many people make when filing for SS for the first time.

I understand your frustrated and I feel your pain from all of this, but it is unfair to say that there is no help for you here on this page. I know many here who are generally concerned with many of us, as we are in one way or another here because we have been done ugly in the past from the NJWC system. Even though it is difficult please try to always remain hopeful.
    BUG