Default Being Singled Out and Getting into Trouble at Work

Ever since I reported my injury, my own work has been under the microscope. Others get away with anything from being careless, reckless, late, sloppy and unprofessional. If I do anything wrong, I am written up. I What can I do about this in any way?

Default Re: Being Singled Out and Getting into Trouble at Work

When I got hurt at work I did what the company expected of me and reported it right away. I was then tossed into the cesspool of injured workers. The only advice I could give you is write everything down. Names, times, locations and anyone who could validate your claims. If it gets to the point of you feel that they are doing something unethical then there is always the EEOC. Retaliation is something they do not tolerate. Sorry I could not be any more help.
    Puppet

Absolutely, I would comply to every word that Puppet has mentioned over here. Instead of helping the injured employee, the employer tries to sideline the employee and find out different reasons that he/she leaves the job, so that they could hire someone else in your place and fill your place. You should keep a note about the different happenings around you so that it could be held as a proof when such behavior against you become unbearable.

I agree, keep a detailed note of every little thing. To give you an idea, in my case, they started cutting my hours and then my days. Every time it would happen I would raise cane about it and sometimes would get the hours back. I had a nurse case manager at the time and I called her and she, in turn, would call them and my hours would get reinstated. Little did I know that every time the hours were cut they were placing in my personnel file that I was the one requesting the cuts so that I could be home and play with my grandson. I didn't find this out until the insurance company started denying things and I had to call and talk to the adjustor. I took it a step further and brought in a little digital recorder and every time I would talk to management I recorded it. I finally had to get a lawyer because I was just sick of the run around and he said that as far as getting my back pay for time lost it came down to their word against mine. Then I happened to remember that during all that time I had a nurse case manager and told them that she could prove it, all this was in her notes, she had even attended doctors appointments with me and the reduction in hours and days was discussed. All this wound up screwing them in the end. The wc insurance attorney then contacted my attorney and asked to settle, which is where we are at right now. Just keep a log of EVERYTHING. These people are unscrupulous.

ABSOLUTELY! NAMES of people around you, what time it happened, WHAT was said and by WHOM, keep a record of EVERYTHING...including your past performance reviews (take these HOME r at least a copy of them). this happened to me as well and I ended up getting laid off...imagine THAT, the LEGAL way of getting rid of me...

Document, document, document...the best way to do this is to use your phone if you have a "notes section" it will automatically save the date and time for you. IPHONE has one. Ane MAKE SURE you take good enough notes to jog your memory because this is a LONG process. IF you do not have an attorney GET ONE...and a GOOD ONE TOO....their money comes from your settlement (I was so niave I didn't even KNOW there WAS a settlement!! After going through what I've been through? I now know WHY people get pissed and SUE their employers...this is the most corrupt waste of money in the US today...Obama wants to save some money he ought to outlaw workers comp insurance companies, talk about lying, thieving, criminals???)

KEEP your records AWAY from work...keep a small notepad and pen in your hip pocket or coat pocket or on your person somehow. Take it out when ever something happens but do not get caught taking notes!!! Go to the bathroom or where ever you are alone when you do. That's why the phone is so good, they just think you are texting or something.....

Good luck...I've been dealing with this for a year and three months now..and I'm not even CLOSE to settlement......I feel your pain!
    Wishing we were ALL well!

this happened to me. i started getting written up for using a sick day , for talking just meaningless crap. I imediatly got all reveiws from the last seven years that are flawless and documented everything. dates ,times ,names even when my hr manager flicked me off. I ended up getting fired about 7 months ago but have been getting paid by the ic since then. I found out that this treatment has happend to the last 2 guys as well. cant wait to go to court

...be very carful not to be seen taking these notes. They are really watching your every move.

Quote Quoting RDS View Post
    ...be very carful not to be seen taking these notes. They are really watching your every move.
    what would happen if your seen takeing notes?

Quote Quoting reefreak29 View Post
    If you are represented by an attorney, you do not have any work product privilege. If they/IC/NCM see you taking notes, or know of a pain diary etc, they/IC can subpoena that. This can occur in my state of California. I am not sure about other states.

If you do not have an attorney, you can claim that is your work product for your claim and they could not request it.

Quote Quoting reefreak29 View Post
    Iím just speaking from my experience. After my employer laid me off, unethically claiming there was no work for me to do, another employee was caught taking cell phone pix and taking notes to prove that the claim of no work was a lie. That person was called into the office and fussed at. About one week later she lost her job as well.

RDS