Colorado Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Colorado Workers

• Colorado Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Colorado Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Received Permanent Impairment Rating - How Much Money Should I Expect

I received my permanent impairment rating report in the mail today from a left knee injury I sustained. I had surgery on the knee to repair the damage, but I have not missed any work due to the injury do to my boss letting me work from home.

The report states that I have an 11% lower extremity (4% whole person) impairment rating in accordance with the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 3rd Edition (Revised).

I started to read through the Colorado laws and got a little confused and was hoping for some clarification. I understand that since I am 38 years old I have a 1.44 adjustment number based on my age. So from what I could tell I would take my 4% rating multiply it by the 1.44 and then multiply that by 400 weeks. Then based on section 8-42-105 I would do something else but I'm not sure exactly what the 400 weeks or section 8-42-105 means.

I know that there could be other factors, but I'm just looking to see what should be considered fair on the Final Admission letter. To give the final piece to the puzzle my weekly gross salary is $2307.69.

Any help in showing me how to calculate this and what the number 'might' be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Default Re: Received Permanent Impairment Rating - How Do I Figure Out What to Expect $ Wise

Wow, I guess I don't feel to bad about not knowing how to calculate this. Over 100 views and no reply.

Doesn't anyone have any idea?

Default Re: Received Permanent Impairment Rating - How Do I Figure Out What to Expect $ Wise

Thank you, this one makes more sense. I appreciate it!

Default Re: Received Permanent Impairment Rating - How Much Money Should I Expect

Well, I'll be honest. I read everything in those links and I still can't figure it out. I guess I'll just wait and see what they have to say.

If anyone is bored and wants to show me the math I'd appreciate it.

Default Re: Received Permanent Impairment Rating - How Much Money Should I Expect

11% x 208 weeks (w.5) The loss of a leg above the foot including the ankle 208 weeks) = 22.88 weeks (It is only 200 weeks in VA)

22.88 weeks x $2307.69 base AWW = $52799.95

This should be only for the impairment payment - not for wage replacement.

Other things to take into consideration for settlement - future wage loss, future medical, etc.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by wife of injured worker; 04-05-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Quoting wife of injured worker View Post
    11% x 208 weeks (w.5) The loss of a leg above the foot including the ankle 208 weeks) = 22.88 weeks (It is only 200 weeks in VA)

22.88 weeks x $2307.69 base AWW = $52799.95

This should be only for the impairment payment - not for wage replacement.

Other things to take into consideration for settlement - future wage loss, future medical, etc.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you, that was the part I didn't get - where the 11% was applied. Now it makes sense - the leg is worth 208 weeks at 100% loss, so 11% of that get the 22.88 weeks.

I do know that I wouldn't get the full amount per week, I think there is a limit to how much you can get.

Thanks again!

Hi what you could do is call an lawyer that does workers comp and get one that ask for no money up front. tell them what the percecnt they gave you and they will be able to tell you for free how much money u should be getting back. they have the same book system as the insurance company so they should be able to get close as to how much you should get back.

Quote Quoting bigmoe43 View Post
    Hi what you could do is call an lawyer that does workers comp and get one that ask for no money up front. tell them what the percecnt they gave you and they will be able to tell you for free how much money u should be getting back. they have the same book system as the insurance company so they should be able to get close as to how much you should get back.
    This thread is 2 years old...have to assume this IW has rec'd the benefits and resolved the claim.