Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Long Does The Workers Comp Settlement Process Take

Yooo,

My lawyer and wc reached a settlement about six weeks ago. I was called into my lawyer's office about three weeks ago to sign off on all of the paper work. He then sent everything out to be approved by the arbitrator. How long will it be until I see a check? I'm broke as a joke, a brother needs to get paid up in here.

Holla,
    Jitter.

Default Re: How Long Does This Process Take

Quote Quoting Jitter View Post
    Yooo,

My lawyer and wc reached a settlement about six weeks ago. I was called into my lawyer's office about three weeks ago to sign off on all of the paper work. He then sent everything out to be approved by the arbitrator. How long will it be until I see a check? I'm broke as a joke, a brother needs to get paid up in here.

Holla,
    Jitter.
    I cant answer your question, sorry! Im in the same boat but its been years for me...If you find out before someone answers, please come back and post your experiance! Good luck : )

Default Re: How Long Does This Process Take

Quote Quoting Jitter View Post
    Yooo,

Holla,
    Jitter.

I don't know if there is a set time all IC's have to pay out by after the agreement is signed by the arbitrator.

From the time the arbitrator signed off on my settlement til I had my check was approx 30 days. After both sides had agreed my attorney took the signed agreement to the arbitrator and it was signed the same day, but that doesn't happen all the time. Then the IC took almost 30 days to get the check to my attorney. My attorney sent out my check as soon as the ICs check cleared.

beachgirl