Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What Happens at a BRC

Hi all! I have a little update for you and a question or 2. I received an email from my atty in regards to the BRC being scheduled. It's been over two years since i was let go from my job and i'm glad that it's reached this point. I kinda understand what a BRC is for, it's like mediation i think, but not for sure. Could someone explain to me in layman terms please?
    Also i feel as though i'm going in blind. I have no idea how this case is being handled. Any suggestions as to how to handle this? It seems that i never get a straight answer. The last thing i heard was they were doing a demand letter, then i kept asking questions and now it's the BRC. What happened?

Thanks!

Default Re: Brc

Hi freckle face

I always read about cases where the i/w don't know whats going on with there case. I was shocked to know that attorneys didn't answer phone calls. That is until mine didn't. I waited two days because I had to understand that I was not his only client. Then on the third day I got dressed went to town and hobbled into his office walked up to the receptionists desk pulled out my phone and called the office. When she picked up the phone I said to her "" just checking to see if the phone lines were working"". I then told her I did not have an appointment but I would gladly sit and wait until he could see me. She just looked at me in shock! She then told me to take a seat. So while sitting there for 30 minutes I got tired of the waiting game and started talking to the new clients who were coming in to interview this attorney. I made sure I spoke loud enough for the receptionist to hear me. I would tell them the reason I was there was because I had a question and waited three days for an answer so I just thought I would travel 84 miles to see if something was wrong with the phone lines. They would laugh and we would start talking about our injuries. Well lets just say I was seen in no time at all. I made sure that he understood that I was a strong would not take this kind of treatment. I now get my phone calls answered right away. But keep in mind also, I never call everyday and only when I feel it would screw up my case if I didn't get clarification.
    Puppet

Default Re: What Happens at a BRC

I have thought about driving to his office, but i'm over 200 miles away. I mostly deal with the paralegal and feel as though i'm being ignored. I know my case is very complicated, but i'm not stupid and would like to know how it will be presented. Guess i'll find that out at the BRC.

Thanks for the reply.
    Bless you!

Default Re: What Happens at a BRC

Great story Puppet. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world...indeed...its the only thing that ever has - Author Margaret Mead