Default Missed Deadline for Disabil8ty Beneifts Application

I am having major problem. I went on disability 03/08/10 due to MS. I had some problem with my memory as well as others. I was under the impression that i had sent in my paperwork already. I called EDD today and it turned out I didnt. Is there anyway to avoid the denial? Any suggestion?
    Thank you in advance

Default Re: File After 49 Days

Saharj.. are you speaking of Calif SDI ? pardon me if i misunderstand here
    you may not be denied on first application if you are just a few days late
    with sending/re sending...

if you do get denied for the late application you can appeal with explanation
    SDI may consider your reason very acceptable...
    if you have further questions please ask,there are others here to assist..

If you missed the first application...filing within 49 days, file again.
    EDD helps applicants with adjusting the day/date they want the benefits to begin as the amount can vary based on what date.

When you apply for SDI, you fill out the forms, give them to your doctor to sign, and HIS/HER office generally mails them to EDD for you. Sometimes it takes a few days for the Dr to read/evaluate the situation, and sign off on the certification.

Only EDD can answer your question... have you discussed your options with them?

Yes. I am referring to Ca SDI. Unfortunately I am almost 3 months into this. I work with this company who does my short term disability thru work and i got them two confused. I was under the impression that I sent my paperwork already and it turned out I did not send anything to EDD, i sent it to the other company. So like I said I am almost 90 days into it which is way after the 49 days. Any suggestion? It is horrible if I do not get paid at all. My brain just does not process things properly and I messed this up.

Thank you

Have you filed a workers compensation claim ?
    Are you filing for SDI due to a work injury, or non industrial injury?

No I have MS. It is not due to the injury. My understanding is the only thing i qualify for is the short term disability. Has anybody have similar situation that applied late and was able to get approved?
    thanks

THis board is about work related injury/illness.
    You'll have to file your appeal to the denial, and/or ask for assistance from the EDD representative. Disability date of onset is per your treating physician...not what the EDD rep says.

I have the exact same problem as Saharj - filing late for the SDI. Any suggestion how to avoid denial of application? Appreciate any clue/advice.

Any suggestion how to avoid denial of application?
    IF you have filed a claim for WC benefits... include a letter explaining the situation, that you did not expect to have to be out of work so long, that you were receiving TTD benefits, have exhausted those, and your Dr still says you are ''disabled'' and unable to treturn to work.

There is nothing you -can do to avoid a denial by EDD/SDI...you have to go through the process...only the State/EDD can make the final determination, or a EDD judge.