Florida Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Florida Workers

• Florida Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Florida Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Find a Doctor Who Takes Out of State Workers Comp

Need out of state workmens comp Doctor in Florida

I am moving to florida Aug 2010,I got hurt on the job in NY. I am trying to find a orthopedic in Florida that will take my workmen comp insurance from NY.But I am having no luck. I have a lawyer but he is not doing to much about it. Please if anybody got hurt on the job in NY and moved to Florida while still on workmen comp,please let me know your doctors names. I need to find a doctor because I need surgery. thanks.............

Default Re: Out of State Workmens Comp Doctor in Florida

Moving out of state of injury/claim is always difficult. Out of state Dr's are not bound by NY fee schedule, or any of the other requirements in NY WC.
    Dr in FL are bogged down with FL WC rules/statutes.

You might contact the CA handling your claim to get help with finding a Dr to treat you. The Dr will probably have to agree to at least the fee schedule, but there could be issues with the request for treatment, and UR/Utilization Review process in NY.
    You'll likely face resistance from any hospital you try to be admitted to for the surgery...again, fee schedule.

One other issue you're likely to face is the litigation of your claim.
    While the carrier is responsible for travel costs to return to NY for medical evaluation they request, a hearing/court is out of your pocket if you are required to be present.
    The further you get from your home state border, the more difficult it is to find a provider.

,please let me know your doctors names
    It would help if you provide your general vicinity in FL...that's a big state...
    BTW...your atty isn't responsible for this.

Wow Thank you guess we better call the moving company!

Default Re: Out of State Workmens Comp Doc List

Out of State Workmens Comp Doctors List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need list names of out of state WC doctors that will accept new cases especially in florida if possible !!

As BiVA stated it would be helpful to know what region of Florida you are moving to. The IC is responsible for finding you a doctor to treat with. Many Florida doctors will not touch an out of state claim.

We are planing on moving to Punta Gorda near port charlotte

I am having the same issue. I had to move back to Jacksonville, FL from Jackson, TN when my husband died in an auto accident in January 2011. I hurt my back in August 2010 and haven't seen a doctor now since I moved. The worker's compensation insurance asked me to do some research and find a doctor at this point. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. I'm going to start calling tomorrow as this is getting ridiculous. My whole life is on hold because I can't get in to see anyone. I just want the darn surgery at this point. I have to take care of my 16 month old son and can't be in such blinding pain (see bio). I'll post if I do find anyone!

You've posted to a thread that is more than a year old. To get a better reply, you may want to start a NEW thread for this.

I recently moved here 6 months ago and it is work on our part to find a faciity that will take out of state WC cases. Feel free to email me as I do know of one facility.

I am from ny and just moved to jacksonville FL and was looking for any doctors in the area that would take nys workers comp. I am looking for a orthopedic doctor, if anyone knows any and could inform me on some that would be great thanks!