Florida Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Florida Workers

• Florida Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Florida Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Out of State Workmens Comp Doctor in Florida

Quote Quoting spothda01 View Post
    I am from ny and just moved to jacksonville FL and was looking for any doctors in the area that would take nys workers comp. I am looking for a orthopedic doctor, if anyone knows any and could inform me on some that would be great thanks!
    Call the claims adjuster handling your cliam... there may be lists available. There apparently are lots of NY IW's moving to FL these days.
    Hopefully, you didn't opt to move while you are still actively treating your injury. FL or any out of state provider has enough to deal with in navigating their own state WC mandates... finding a Dr to deal with yours... not the easiest project.

Almost identical to my problem. Been trying for 10 yrs. Since moving from ny to florida. Have major pain issues from nec k and back surgeries. Have you had any luck? P.s. I'm in south , florida.thanks
    Quote Quoting dipper View Post
    need out of state workmens comp doctor in florida

i am moving to florida aug 2010,i got hurt on the job in ny. I am trying to find a orthopedic in florida that will take my workmen comp insurance from ny.but i am having no luck. I have a lawyer but he is not doing to much about it. Please if anybody got hurt on the job in ny and moved to florida while still on workmen comp,please let me know your doctors names. I need to find a doctor because i need surgery. Thanks.............

I FINALLY found two doctors that take workers compensation. Most places will take it by case-by-case basis. The doctor I am seeing now is Dr. Brian Haycook in St. Augustine, FL. The other place is Bonati Springs at the Bonati Institute. Do a google search on them. It is an upscale place that specializes in laser back surgery - the quick one that is very easy and you are back to work in a few days. I can't do the drive from where I live. But St. Augustine is an hour and that's isn't too bad. Good luck! Took me a year to find one!

If you could please send me an email with the facility that you know of I sure would appreciate it. And, just let me know what you think of the dr. Thank you

Default Re: How to Find a Doctor Who Takes Out of State Workers Comp

I am having the same problem trying to find a doctor to take me in got hurt in RI found a lawyer did what i had to do moved to florida went back and forth till they found a doctor up in RI said i could go back to work now here is it 3 months later and i am in a lot of pain with my arm still looking for a doctor to take me in and my lawyer said good luck with that i just feel like i am going no where with this went to er that was a good laugh i live in sarasota if any body could help please do just want to be out of pain thanks

Quote Quoting sbchristo View Post
    I FINALLY found two doctors that take workers compensation. Most places will take it by case-by-case basis. The doctor I am seeing now is Dr. Brian Haycook in St. Augustine, FL. The other place is Bonati Springs at the Bonati Institute. Do a google search on them. It is an upscale place that specializes in laser back surgery - the quick one that is very easy and you are back to work in a few days. I can't do the drive from where I live. But St. Augustine is an hour and that's isn't too bad. Good luck! Took me a year to find one!
    Thank you. I looked up and called the Bonati Institute in Hudson, FL. They want to take my case, but now waiting on NY WC. FYI...NY WILL NOT look for a dr for you out of state. You move, that is on you, unlike FL where they will assist you in finding an out of state dr should you move. I am going to Bonati for my lower back injury (just waiting now on my adjustor to approve it so I can be seen), then need to find one who works on upper back, and an orthopedic surgeon. NY has a bad reputation for not paying their comp out of state bills. Also, you must be seen by a dr every 3 months or your benefits will be cut (what I am dealing with right now as the last time I was seen was back in June 2012. If you can't find a dr in FL and need to go back to (NY), then you have to pay for your way up front and they should reimburse you. My attorney hasn't been much help in any of this, so be aware...it all lies on you to do all the footwork. Good luck. If you know of an upper back dr/surgeon and an ortho surgeon, please let me know. Thanks.