Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What Happens to WC Benefits if Your MMI but Permenatly Disabled

just wondering if they will or can cut my pay if im declared mmi but no longer able to work.
    there takeing me to court to try to cut my benefits?

Default Re: What Happens to WC Benefits if Your MMI but Permenatly Disabled

If your TT compensation ends because of MMI, you may be
    entitled to other benefi ts such as:
    O Rehabilitation — You may be entitled to a variety of
    return-to-work programs, including rehabilitation services;
    O Wage loss — If, because of physical restrictions resulting
    from your work-related injury, you return to work
    at a lower wage or with less hours, you may be eligible
    for working wage loss. If you cannot fi nd a job within
    your physical limitations, you may be eligible for nonworking
    wage loss;
    O Percentage of permanent partial disability — BWC
    provides compensation for permanent partial damage
    that results from the work-related injury;
    O Lump sum settlement — You may be able to receive a
    lump sum payment to settle your claim(s);
    O Permanent total disability — If you cannot return
    to any form of employment because of your workrelated
    injury, you may be eligible for permanent total
    benefi ts. The IC makes this decision.

Here us a general explanation of what happens when you're MMI
    https://www.ohiobwc.com/downloads/blankpdf/maximp.pdf

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 07-02-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Hello Tony while I was reading your post it sounds exactly like something I'm facing right now. I deal with nysif and a company called chartis so I have two insurance companies to deal with. I suffer with a back and leg injury and I'm rated ppd. I'm also on disability no one has ever told me to go out and get a job until last week chartis sent me letter asking for a work search form I had no idea what that was. I been mmi for over 2 years by the way and they are just getting around to this work thing. I couldn't work if I tried with the medication I'm on. I just don't understand what they expect out of us.

Ryder
    I'm also on disability no one has ever told me to go out and get a job until last week chartis sent me letter asking for a work search form
    Send them a copy of your last no-work write up or if you're still under medical care, have your current doc send them your current no work restriction.
    If you have problems, you may need to retain an attorney.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Quote Quoting reefreak29 View Post
    just wondering if they will or can cut my pay if im declared mmi but no longer able to work.
    It's not enough to pose a question like that... the WC benefits are state specific. So, a blanket response woudn't be adequate. Tony posted the info specific to Ohio... with some research, I find you are in Illinois. The OH statutes are not applicable to your claim.

You may be ''permanently disabled'' by definition...but which definition is important... WC in IL, or Federal/SSA, big difference. The basic reason is the two programs, fed vs state are completely seperate, have different threasholds, and different qualifiers. SSA has nothing to do with the comp claim. Even though your reason for application of SSA/SSDI is the industrial injury.
    Illinois WC IW Booklet is here http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.pdf

The % of PD, and/or how you are rated has a big effect on how indemnity is paid. Pg 17 at the above link helps to explain how indemnity is calculated, and paid.
    There may be additional benefits available... all based on the facts surrounding your injury/claim, and ability to return to work. Also whether or not with the pre injury ER.
    There are 33 pages in the handbook... and that's but a sampling of what WC is in IL.

You really should discuss these issues with your atty. S/he has the file, the facts, and knows how the statutes and rules will be applied to your situation.
    Maybe your benefits will be adjusted...maybe for good cause/reason. Maybe not, and your atty will have to answer the petition in court. Thats' something no one here can provide the answer for you..