New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Unhappy Where Can I Get Help Catching Up On My Bills

I live in new jersey, got hurt may 29th 2009, had l5/s1 fusion, reached mmi on july the 9th 2010. so my checks stopped doctor gave restrictions of no lifting 20 lbs, work cant take me back. i filed for unemployment, now there saying im not eleigible because the claim was flied in july and they only go back to april 1st 2009 untill july 2009, i got hurt on may 29th, so thats not enough weeks, even though i started my job june 28th 2008, if i got released in june i would have gotting it because they would have went back to jan 1st 2009 in wich i would had enough weekds. The thing that gets me is the doc was going to release me in june but the nurse case manager forget to send the fce report over so they made me come back in a couple weeks wich put me into july. JUst isnt right, i need help? I even went to social services to apply for wlefare wich i really dont want to do. Ive begged my old boss for work. My rent is due, Im going to loose the car. Does anyone know of anyprograms or grants or anything that can help me just catch up on on moth of bills? please help me.

Default Re: Just

You may want to go to EEOC and file a claim under ADA.

ADA/EEOC has no relevance here.
    You're going to have to appeal the UI denial. Show the evidence you say you have and wait for the decision.
    You have been to Social Services, if there are programs such as you are thinking, they will know about them. Not too many sources for cash out there.... have you contacted the CA about a advance on any indemnity there may be due. That's based on your PD rating... start there.

Have you discussed this with your attorney ?

I am trying everything, the CA? my attorney knows what shape im in but we were waiting for all other options to run out. And they have ran out. I cant take nomore of this, i owe all my family and friends money so i cant borrow anymore. And i dont know any company that will give a loan on a workmans comp case in new jersey because the check doesnt go to the attorney first. Does anybody know any company that will do that in New Jersey? i dont care at this point about the intrest rate, i just need help.

Cool Re: Just

Hey Madhatter

Read this thread : http://www.workerscompensationinsura...ad.php?t=40706

it is directly on point once you get through all the hub bub. I think what you need to see is on page 2 http://www.workerscompensationinsura...t=40706&page=2
    but read all the thread so you understand how this appiles to you and your situation. This is much to complicated for me to redue
    Yes appeal the decision and follow the directions set forth in the thread I have been through this one before and this is how you get UI via different base year!!!

Good luck and remember to file WEEKLY during your appeal process as you were getting benefits or you will lose those weeks forever Write if you need more

BUG

hey bugman thank u very much, Im sorry u had to go through this too, but im glad someone else did so i know that it can be done . thanks for ur support man.

Smile Re: Help Catching Up On My Bills

Anytime my friend

Default Re: Help Catching Up On My Bills

I am pretty much going through the same thing. I realize now after reaching MMI I should have never hired a a lawyer. A lawyer leads you into a false sense of security they make promises they can't deliver. The insurence company is going to make you some type of offer lawyer or not, so once you get that offer decide then because the lawyer most likely is not going to get you that much more money. At least you have something to pay bills with at first. The fees are set for lawyers and they will not appeal your case weather you deserve more money or not, its a very bad business decision for them to persue in workmens comp court. And never forget they have bills to pay just like you. The workmens comp business is a quantity business not quality. Get them in force them to settle by what ever means short of torture and move on