Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Partial Loss of Middle Finger on Left Hand

Hello again. My adjuster was telling me that after evrything is all said and done that they will owe me some other money for the permanent disability part of it. Does anyone know what the range of payment usually ends up being for this type of injury? I am just trying to stay informed on the payment aspects of this injury. Do you also know the process it takes? Is there a hearing of some sort that I have to attend? Is there a panel of people that decide this and if so is there someone there who looks out for me? What is the usual time line on something like this? Just trying to stay educated. Thank you again.

I sent you a PM

thanks for the info. was that for the permanent disability part of it or for the initial amount they owed for the loss of the finger tip. I am wondering about the permanent disability part of it. I am also wondering if I should hire an attorney before the talks for the permanent disability part of it starts or do they have someone that represents me and are they really looking out for me? I am just curious because I don't know what is the best thing to do. I don't want to upset my employer and end up losing my job later but I do want to make sure I will truly be treated fairly during that part of it. I would be worried about any future problems with the loss also. Please if anyone can help it would be great as I feel as though I need some guidance here.
    Thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I guess I need to make sure the insurance adjuster is telling me the truth. I am told as soon as my surgeon turns in his report to W/C I will receive a set amount for losing the tip of my finger based on my wage and X amount of weeks. Then after I am finally released from doctors care and back to full work without retrictions they will then owe me some sort of settlement based on the amount of permanent disability that I end up having. I guess I need to be sure that the adjuster is telling me the truth. More help please.

Hello again. I received a check for the loss of my finger. I need to know if I sign and cash this check does that mean I am not entitled to anything else or that I wont be able to get an attorney to help me with the permanent disability part of my case. Someone please help me get informed here. Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated. The WC adjuster was trying to give me less money trying to tell me that she didnt have my wage info yet and then I had to argue with her and correct her to the amount of my wage. Thank you to everyone in advance.

You can hire an attorney any time you want. Unless the check explicitly says that you are waiving your right to additional compensation, or they have you signing a settlement contract for the whole case (would be on pink paper) you're fine. An attorney can only take a $100 fee on the stautory portion of the case (i.e., the check you just received) anyways, and then 20% on whatever is additional (if any). The wage statement is always a hassle in these cases. In my experience, employers are slow to provide them when requested by the employer.
    Christopher Freeman, Esq.
    Representing injured workers throughout Chicagoland and the State of Illinois
    http://www.attorney-freeman.com

So if I read this correctly the attorney can only take a $100.00 fee from the check I received for losing my finger? Is that correct? Thank you again.

Correct. It says that right on the face of the standard IWCC attorney representation agreement.

Hello again. I received my money for the loss of my finger tip. The insurance company tells me she knows that they will owe me some more money for a final settlement that is usually agreed upon by an arbitrator. Can anyone tell me what I can expect roughly at all. My concern here is too that I was also working for an employer parttime as well as the full time employer that I was injured with. So now I have lost out on a lot of extra income I would have made and my finger (whats left of it) does not bend too well. I also experience the constant feeling of that finger and part of the palm of my hand being asleep (pins and needles). This keeps me up all the time and it never seems to go away even after the two months it has been since injured. Please let me know if there are any known similar cases with a typical final settlement. Thanks to all who can help out.

If you had concurrent employment in the year prior to your date of accident, and the employer for which you were working when injured knew about it, then the income from the part-time job should be combined with that of your full-time job to calculate your benefit rate. This will increase the value of your case and may increase what was already paid to you for the statutory amputation. It's impossible to tell what the case is worth without seeing the medical records. You should get an attorney to sort this out. Any decent wc attorney will net you more than you will get on your own.

I went to talk to an attorney in the rockford area and I think that he is a higher profile attorney. He told me since the insurance company seemed to be paying that he didnt think he could help me out right now. Is there anyone recommended in the Rockford,IL area. I really feel that I may need some help with this. I am afraid that the pins and needles feeling is here to stay and it is really hard to deal with all of the time. How do I find out how to pick one attorney over another.