Default What Happens After the IME Report is Done

I has an IME awhile back. The report was finally finished. I just recieved my copy through work comp, the only letter I have been glad to see-so far.
    My question is, what happens now. There was a couple cleared up questions answered in the report and a couple recomendations stated as what seemed to be further care. The treatment did state that it would not effect any opinions or change any ratings or determinations. Some special Chronic Pain Management Program, directed with a variety of different specalists.
    So I know my attorney will want to see it and discuss options. What has happened in other peoples cases. Is this the point someone contacts me for settlement? The other related question was do they offer you a number right away and send payment based on the number, or do you have to go back and forth until both sides reach an agreement. Is it like PPI rating where you can object to it, but they send payment right away?
    Thanks For Your Time
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:

Default Re: What Happens After the IME Report is Done

Better to post this and other questions specific to your state comp rules, in your state of residence.. .the WC laws are state specific... what other IW"s may have experienced wouldn't necessarily be relative to your situation.

IME is just an evaluation by a Dr the defense selects... in Calif, there would be legal ramifications on the Dr opinion...in your state... don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

Nothing 'triggers'' any settlement. Cash settlements are simply a consideration by you to drop any /all further claim for benefits to this injury.
    WC is about paying benefits...not settlements. If you are in need of continuing medical care...you should not close this claim.

<<<<<<<<<<<< idaho >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by kahfamily1; 09-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.

I suggested posting to your state, because in some cases, an IME is assigned by the state, and carrier legal testimony weight. In others, an IME is just a IC selection of Dr to opine on your condition and issue a report.
    There is a BIG difference in who/how a Dr IME is brought in on a claim.

If this is a Dr selected by the carrier, simply to opine on something your Dr has reported, and to agree/disagree...there may not be any activity due to this exam/report.
    They ''own'' this report, don't have to give a copy unless they intend to submit as evidence in your claim.

If I understood it correctly this was brought on by the insurance company to be a final evaluation to see if any further treatment was needed. Like everyone else I have seen that was set up by the insurance company, the person puts on the good guy/girl act and sometimes I just laugh inside, because it's literally almost like a funny show. It used to make me sick when they put one the "show" and then you read the report they just made up on you, like you have to check if your name is really on the report and not someone else .