Colorado Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Colorado Workers

• Colorado Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Colorado Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Doctor Released Me from Workers Comp

HI,

New to this forum. i have been on work comp from 5/2010 untill today{9/30}. I just recieved a letter that my doc has released me with no restrictions. I still have very limited use of my hand and i have my 4th surgery scheduled in 6 days from the same doctor. Can they do this with work comp? I do not know what to do HELP!!!

Default Re: Doctor Releasted Me from Work Com

you can ask for a second medical opinion.
    for more information
    http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...me=CDLEWrapper
    Last edited by .SH; 09-30-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Rec'd a letter from who ?
    Have you discussed this with your treating physician ?
    Have you been provided a copy of the report ?
    The CA will call or take any Dr report that releases you to MMI. In your case, this may simply be a mistake of identy of the IW in the Dr office or CA.
    Be sure to clear this up though.. .your TTD is subject to stop because of this.

Thank you so much for this link. I really do appreciate your response to my sitution and the help. Thank you again

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

I recived the letter from workmans comp. The doc's office who is doing the surgery in 6 days only sent a letter of mobility to my workman comp doctor. With that the workmans comp doctor released me from workmans comp because it states I have total mobility of my last to fingers. I talked to the the doc office who is doing my surgery in 6 days and they said their is no way I should have been released with pending reconsturctive surgery. My mobility test said I only have 60% usage of my left hand and 40% usage of my three fingers(thumb, pointer, and middle) that I lost the finger tips. My thumb is the focuse of my upcoming surgery. I just feel that workmans comp is not intrersted in wanting to make sure this is handled fairly and with my best interest.

I talked to the the doc office who is doing my surgery in 6 days and they said their is no way I should have been released with pending reconsturctive surgery. My mobility test said I only have 60% usage of my left hand and 40% usage of my three fingers(thumb, pointer, and middle) that I lost the finger tips. My thumb is the focuse of my upcoming surgery.
    When the Dr feels you have reached a point where your condition is stable, MMI, and not expected to change better/worse in the next 12 months... you would be released to RTW/return to work... even with restricitons, to a light duty capacity if necessary and ER provides that.

The type of injury you sustained may provide for a light duty capacity...you can use your other hand, and/or perform a sedentary job pending the surgery, and may not require excess time off post op.
    WC medical care is not geared to returning the IW to pre injury condition... when you can perform any type of job your ER may provide during your recovery, it is expected you RTW. There is no reason to keep paying 'disability' or wage replacement if you can perform a job the ER provides. You could always be returned to a TTD status post op.
    I just feel that workmans comp is not intrersted in wanting to make sure this is handled fairly and with my best interest.
    Read through the various threads in this message board.
    WC is not about '''caring'', or what may be ''fair''. WC is about paying benefits, your ER is liable for industrial/occpational injury. The WC laws define that liability, and what benefits you are elligible for...maybe more important is some respects, what you are not eligible for and what is not offered.

There is nothing about WC system that addresses your best interests. You're going to have to let that thought process go... your ER is the insured party, not you/employee.

Default Re: Doctor Releasted Me from Workers Comp

LOL RTW for 6 days?? By the time they get around to getting the restrictions down and the whole darn process, she will have had the surgery and probably be TTD for at least a short period of time. Sounds so silly to me.

Default Re: Doctor Releasted Me from Workers Comp

May sound silly... but there are lots of variables where there are lots of various injuries.
    Hand surgery may or may not be outpatient... cervical spine would obviously require two/three days in patient care post op.
    Six days is still 6/7th's of a week where wages could be paid vs disability. The goal is RTW.

Difficult to read a thread/post and make any specific response... no one knows the facts surrounding the injury/claim. Even with an IW providing details here...doesn't necessarily mean that's the way it ''is''. Just means that is the way it is from the IW viewpoint.

Remember this line... I just feel that workmans comp is not intrersted in wanting to make sure this is handled fairly and with my best interest. ...? That would be in an ideal world...we all know WC doesn't work that way.