Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Long Before a Judge Signs

I won a stipulated award/settlement, the case never went in front of a judge how long does it take usually for a judge to sign off on it... Also my lawyer said that when he (my lawyer) receives the paper work he will call me go over everything with me and get my permision to sign my name, is this normal or should I see the papers for myself?

Default Re: How Long Before a Judge Signs

is this normal or should I see the papers for myself?
    You would be seeing the paperwork 'for yourself', with your atty explaining any questions you may have.

Generally, the documents are signed by the parties before going to judge for review/approval. Judges take files as they come, depending on the backlog at the court... no telling how long.

Realize you are looking for a date you can expect your check to resolve this claim. It's just not possible to say for sure what that may me. There isn't any fast forwarding WC and the process.

If you've been released to return to work, even with restrictions, you should begin a job search sooner than later if that is your intention...to return to work. The longer it takes, the more in wages you lose, never to be recovered.

I am going to get my weekly checks again back pay and future medical paid. As far as going back to work that is not a prob. I will always have a job as long as my boss is in business. he is not the type of employer that works with the i/c to screw ya, he wants me to get my injury taking care of its just the real physical type of work I do he dont want me back on any restrictions. Im just wondering how long it takes to get evrything kicked back on.

Glad you have a job to go back to.
    Can't tell you an exact date all this happens.
    I won a stipulated award/settlement, the case never went in front of a judge
    You'll have to wait til the judge signs off on the documents, the carrier gets the paperwork and then probably within 30 days.