Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oklahoma Workers

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: IME Appointment

Default IME Appointment

Hi all, I have an appt with my atty's doc for my IME tomorrow and I am wondering what should I expect? Is there anything I should say or do while I am there? (or not say or do) I have asked my atty what to expect and she said it would be like a regular doc appt. From what I have read here it seems more like they will have a copy of all my records and they are going to ask me questions about it? Sorry if this is a question that has been repeated frequently but I get nervous around docs anyway and I don't want to go in sounding like a bumbling idiot. Thanks in advance.
    Hobbles

Default Re: IME Appt

Why be nervous?....just go in and answer the questions...do what your there to do. dont leave anything out. Its a breeze.

If this is a Dr/IME your atty is sending you to, she is trying to build your claim with medical evidence to support your request for benefits/treatment.

While there is no patient/doctor relationship with an IME, the Dr will exam and evaluate your condition and issue a report on his/her findings. The IME is an ''opinion''. There are defense IME's and applicant IME's.

There is nothing to be concerned about in seeing this or any other Dr.
    I get nervous around docs anyway
    Why... you go to a doctor when you require their intervention and treatment for injury/illness, whether or not it's work related of a common cold. Nothing to be nervous about...you are asking the Dr for their help. (in this instance)

This visit is for them to rate me, that's why I'm nervous. The atty has already filed for me to have FMC. Thanks for your replies. Have a good day.

Ratings are complex issues.
    I think one aspect IW's fail to consider is what the rating actually means. While a higher PD% means there may be more indemnity money due, that also indicates more restrictions, more restrictions limits the number and type of jobs available in the open labor market the IW is capable of performing.

The lower rating would naturally mean less money in a settlement, but more jobs available.
    Indemnity money is compensation for the loss of earning capacity, or abilility to compete in the open labor market.

Social Security Adm has a page that explains how states pay IW's for industrial injury/illness
    There is substantial variability in how state workers' compensation laws provide benefits to workers who have a permanent partial disability. The basic approaches used by the states can be classified into four groupings, although important differences exist within each group. Depending on the approach used, workers with similar injuries can receive substantially different amounts of benefits. Because compensating permanent partial disabilities frequently involves contention, the matters in dispute will depend on the approach used to determine benefits. The continuation of such differences in approach suggests that the states have not found a single "best practice" for determining what such benefits should be.
    The page is here http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v65n4/v65n4p16.html

Never worry about your IME through your attorney they are there to assist you in your case, and from what I have gone through the only one that cares. Sometimes he will be the only way to get anything done in a WC case. It is no different than prosecution bringing in a forensic expert it is a medical opinion.