Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Attorney Alan Shapiro

I am looking for people that have knowledge of this attorney. I have retained him. Does anybody know if he is good/bad/indifferent?

Default Re: Attorney Alan Shapiro

Hi Gypsy. Where did you find Attorney Shapiro? How did you hear of him or get his name? I ask because I am in need of an attorney that does fed work comp. Perhaps he is someone i can call. Thanks

Quote Quoting fed iw sabotaged fired View Post
    Hi Gypsy. Where did you find Attorney Shapiro? How did you hear of him or get his name? I ask because I am in need of an attorney that does fed work comp. Perhaps he is someone i can call. Thanks
    go here for list
    http://caaa.org/cs/blogs/aboutcaaa/a...ecialties.aspx

what state?

Quote Quoting helpmeplz View Post
    what state?
    helpmeplz, it is NOT for a state it is for FEDERAL WC. It is VERY hard to nearly impossible to find an attorney to represent an IW with federal WC. I have a very close friend that is a postal worker she had a low back injury several years ago and could NOT find an attorney that would even consider going up against the USPS/Federal WC.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Quote Quoting gypsychild View Post
    I am looking for people that have knowledge of this attorney. I have retained him. Does anybody know if he is good/bad/indifferent?
    I have known Alan Shapiro for over 23yrs and he is the best you will find for the BWC.

Alan Shapiro and Dan Shapiro are two very different lawyers. They should not be confused.
    I am a lawyer who practices part-time in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I represent federal injured workers all over the country and my work is limited to the Federal Employee Compensation Act and the Longshore and Defense Base Act.

were is this attornet located cause i no of and alan shapiro,ohio

- - - Updated - - -

theres so many alan shapiros werer is he located

If you have known him that long then maybe you can clue me on why he has had my case for several years and done nothing except tell me not to reply to anything and then miss the reply date himself. I am so frustrated I could just scream. The organization I worked for as well as OWC have broken several federal guidelines in my case most blatantly and nothing is being done. I am a disabled veteran who was hired by the federal organization as a 50% disabled veteran, was injured on the job not once but twice (the second time against my doctor's work restrictions). The doctor said that I had reached MMI and nothing else could be done that I was permanently injured. All the organization did was harass me constantly, cancelled my "limited duty" position because "these are for temporarily disabled personnel" and told me there would be no other position for me there as I could not meet the physical requirements for the position. They approved my move back to my home state, never sent me for a disability evaluation, never considered the fact that I was hired as a disabled person and how the injury effected my disablities, ....and the list goes on and on. Please help.

I tried to handle a Federal work comp case about 20 years ago. I sent in a letter to the Federal case manager and it took him 5 years to respond. That was the last time I tried to handle a Federal case. If my experience is any indication, the lack of feedback from your lawyer may be due to the total lack of communication he is getting from the Federal work comp case adjuster or manager.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law