Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Do I Find Out What a Reasonable Payout Would Be for an On-the-Job Injury

My husband had thumb fusion and carpal tunnel surgery of his left hand (he's left handed) and a second surgery for cubital tunnel of his left elbow. The doctor said he had 40% loss of use of his thumb. He was off of work for nine months, and has been back at work for several months. He finds that since his thumb is fused and cannot move, it gets in the way often. WC wants to settle and I'm wondering what a fair settlement would be. We do have an attorney but he wants us to take an offer that seems too low. We just want what is fair.

Default Re: How Do I Find Out What a Reasonable Payout Would Be for My Husband's Injury

Welcome pteuts.. Thats a hard question to answer. Illinois does not use the AMA guidelines, its case law. No one really knows.. Your handbook has alot of info.. http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook020106.pdf

Default Re: How Do I Find Out What a Reasonable Payout Would Be for My Husband's Injury

PT, there is so much information missing from this equations. Speak with a knowledgible wc attorney, and don't wait. Call your local bar association for a referral.

Last edited by tony; 02-12-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: spam in sig (aol e-mail)

AFLinjurylaw, please check your pms

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

if you don't trust the atty then your husband can represent himself and ask for a court hearing. the judge will make a decision on the value.