Nevada Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Nevada Workers

• Nevada Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Nevada Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: PPD Award

Unhappy PPD Award

Hi everyone I am new to this site I have been searching and reading threads but am more confused now than before. I am 26 years old and had a monthly wage of 2400.00 when I got hurt on my job. I was rated a 10%. I have read the statutes but am still confused, can anyone please tell me around what my ppd offer is going to be. Thanks alot for the help

Default Re: PPD Award

NRS 616C.490 Permanent partial disability: Compensation.

7. Each 1 percent of impairment of the whole person must be compensated by a monthly payment:
    (d) Of 0.6 percent of the claimant’s average monthly wage for injuries sustained on or after January 1, 2000.

Compensation must commence on the date of the injury or the day following the termination of temporary disability compensation, if any, whichever is later, and must continue on a monthly basis for 5 years or until the claimant is 70 years of age, whichever is later.
    You'll not like this, but the way that reads is....0.6 x 10 x your weekly rate.
    Compensation must commence on the date of the injury or the day following the termination of temporary disability compensation, if any, whichever is later, and must continue on a monthly basis for 5 years or until the claimant is 70 years of age, whichever is later.
    Looks like you have about 44 years of PPD indemnity payments.
    IF your weekly rate is the full 66.66% of your weekly wage, (subject to the max rates on your DOI) that new rate would be about $41.18/month. (2400 x 66.66% x 0.6% = 9.50 x 4.333 = $41.18) If you take the 41.48 x 12 =497.76 x 44 the indemnity is worth about $22K. They can pay this yearly as its less than $100/mo.

You can request the indemnity in a lump sum, could be more money depending on the calculations. NRS 616C.495 Permanent partial disability: Payments in lump sum.

All claims are unique, there may be additional benefits available to you. There really isn't any way someone on a message board could actually guess to a real figure. Too many variables in any claim.
    Consultation with a WC attorney would be your best bet.
    Fortunately, NV is a state that provides legal assistance to IW. Contact the WC commission office.

The above info is here http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-6...#NRS616CSec305

Default Re: PPD Award

Thank You for your help