Washington, DC Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Washington, DC Workers

• Washington, DC Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Washington, DC Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gallagher Bassett

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: DC

I have questions for anyone who has dealt with Gallagher Bassett.

Gallagher Bassett is not a IC they are a third party administrator or am I wrong?

Over the last nine months I have had almost every trick in the book thrown at me over TTD they also did this to my brother who was hurt the same day as me. Is there anyone here who has not had TTD problems with Gallagher Bassett?

If Gallagher Bassett is a TPA does that mean that my employer is self insured? Or could a ER have a IC and then hire a TPA also?

I have more questions but I will leave it there for now. Thanks for your input.

Default Re: Gallagher Bassett

Gallagher Bassett is not a IC they are a third party administrator or am I wrong?
    That is correct. Your ER is self insured, GB administers industrial injury claims for your ER.
    If Gallagher Bassett is a TPA does that mean that my employer is self insured? Or could a ER have a IC and then hire a TPA also?
    IF there was a IC providing the liability coverage for your ER...the carrier whould handle the claim inhouse...no TPA.
    Is there anyone here who has not had TTD problems with Gallagher Bassett?
    Your ER is paying GB to administer the claim. As such, GB's job is to mitigate your ER's fianancial exposure for the liability they carry for your injury. They naturally would avail themselves/ER of every aspect of the WC labor code/statues to do that... reducing the cost of a claim, settle out with the IW as low as possible is GB goal, that would mean they are doing what they are paid to do. Just like a IC .... right, ?, wrong, ?, not illegal.

you are correct they are a a TPA and your employer is likely self-insured although some states allow some government entities to be permissibly uninsured; but that is a technicality
    with an insurance policy the adjusters work for the carrier.
    many states have online lookup for carriers and self-insured employers,

Well knowing is better than not. I was kind of hoping that they were not self insured. Its corny but knowledge is power and there is a lot here, thanks again.

Its corny but knowledge is power and there is a lot here,
    Not all the answers are what we may want to hear... but over time, you'll learn that a well informed IW, is the ER/IC/TPA worst nightmare... better description... pain in the ass. Read, comprehend, read some more. Keep a friendly, well connected relationship with your ER, most important thing you can do with a self insured entity. They control the dollars...they are paying out of their pocket. Unlike an ER who turns everyting over to an IC... could be a big advantage keeping good terms with your ER.

very funny you should say that. they were pretty nasty at first...yelling at me over the fone...threats from other employees...being told to fire my lawyer but i think they are starting to come around. might just be hope but i am not all out of that yet.

badlanding
    Here is GB log-on website you can visit and check info on your TTD payment to see if/when your checks were issued. It also has your adjusters name & e-mail...
    http://www.mygbclaim.com/selogon.asp

funny you should say that. they were pretty nasty at first...yelling at me over the fone...threats from other employees...
    there is a high road... and obviously the alternative... to yell and scream back. That gets neither party moving forward... and the low road generally ends up with a flat tire. Just stay on top of it... that's what you're being "paid" to do...treating/recovering from a work injury is still paid time. TTD is wage replacement, not "lost" wages. You have no lost wages, other than the 33% TTD doesn't cover. Become the worst nightmare.

Gallagher Bassett is a Third Party Administrator and not a carrier. Their clients are for the most part self insured or part of a captive program.

Captive program? Is that the technical term for a insurance pool? A friend of mine who is a foreman for my employer said that they are part of a pool with other large contractors in the area?