Default What Are the Rights of an Injured Federal Worker

I had a ton of questions about my rights as an on the job injured Federal Employee, the OWCP Nurse, Case Examiner, Correspondence, Compensation Payments, etc..

Most of my questions about my rights were referred to a Lawyer, mostly because the answers are based on Department Of Labor, FECA, and OWCP law statutes. The ones I had about OWCP employees, specifically the OWCP Case Examiner, (CE), the OWCP Nurse, Compensation, Correspondence, and remedies for disagreements, were referred to the CE. If you don't already know this, you will eventually, NO INFORMATION regarding the ressponsibilities and duties of any OWCP employee, owed to the injured worker will be precisely provided to you by OWCP!!

It's not that it's priviledged or confidential information. Under the Freedom Of Information Act, it's all available to you. You just need to know how to get to it...

This is a MUST HAVE link to add to your Favorites. Knowing the statutes under which the, CE, Nurse, other OWCP employees, and private contractors, are mandated by law to administer their programs, will provide you with invaluable information that can help you get things done in a timely manner, and clearly explain WHO does WHAT, and WHY.
    The WHY, was an eye opener for me, (see the section regarding the Duties of the CE and the Nurse).

Here's the link to the PDF file of Part 2 statutes as they relate to OWCP scope, purpose, etc..

http://http://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/regs/compliance/DFECfolio/FECA-PT2.pdf

Be informed!! Good luck... If the link is inactive, copy and paste it into your browser address bar.

Default Re: Have a Question About Owcp

Hi, I have been on OWCP (DOL) for 20 months, and I have gone several times to DOL, OWCP site, and have gotten many of my questions answered. There have been a few times when I haven't understood something, and turned to this message board, and BvIA along with some other members have made some comments which helped. I don't have a question at the moment, just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Hi Mindy62,
    Thanks for the comment. Sorry to hear you've been disabled so long.
    This site changed the subject line that I had originally posted, so the material / link I posted is inconsistent wwith the Post purpose. The link I provided to Chapter 2, is intended to clarify the responsibilities of OWCP employees, that are owed to the Injured Worker, as set forth in DOL & FECA statutes, not to be mistaken for DOL or FECA or OWCP injured Worker legal rights. For example, Chapter 2-0200: 2-0200-1 Purpose and Scope 1. Purpose and Scope. This chapter is intended to serve as an introduction to the coverage and requirements of the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) as amended. It summarizes the general provisions of the Act and describes the responsibilities of the Claims Examiner (CE) in administering the FECA.

Good luck with your claim, and a speedy recovery.

describes the responsibilities of the Claims Examiner (CE) in administering the FECA.
    That's right...for the CE... that does not mean the CE or your ER is mandated to educuation you in the process...or assist in litigating your disputes.
    IW's don't have what you may think are "rights"...you are eligible, not entitled, to benefits under the law, that you have medical evidence to support.
    Big difference in 'entitled" and "eligible" ... Chapter 2, is intended to clarify the responsibilities of OWCP employees, that are owed to the Injured Worker, as set forth in DOL & FECA statutes, not to be mistaken for DOL or FECA or OWCP injured Worker legal rights.