Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I Have Bulging Disks and Leg Pain

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:
    I got hurt at work and i hurt my back the test showed that i had bulging disks.the doctors told me to do phsycial therapy and now my knee and leg hurts.the pain in my back is not so bad.my leg feels like it been hit by a truck it hurts bad like when my back first hurt.someone told me it coud be a pinched nerve but is there something i can do to make the pain stop.is there anothor doctor i shoud see for my leg?

Default Re: I Have Bulging Disks and Leg Pain

You didn't say what part of your back..bulging disks can be cause for pain in your leg...
    Go to your PTP and describe the symptoms, as well as discuss what happened at the PT... if you need to see another Dr, your PTP will have to get the prior authorization and referral.

they said it was l5s1.and my leg just stops working somtimes.like ill be walking and all of a suden it will give away and i have to grab somthing or i will fall.it hurts and i dont sleep very good becuse of it

The L-5 and S-1 involves the lowest part of your lumbar spine of your back.
    Have you told the therapist at PT about this pain?
    You may be experiencing sciatic pain of the spinal canal because of the bulging disc which could be slightly closing. You have a lot of different options for sciatic pain. One is to work with physical therapy which will help release the tightness of the muscles that's compressing your sciatic nerve and give treatments to help decrease the swelling and pain in the area. Another option is to see your nearest podiatrist to see if you need orthotics which will help you walk better so as to not stress the sciatic nerve. A neurologist and/or physiatrist can give you some exercises, prescription medicine, braces, and even injections to help relieve your discomfort.
    Good luck!
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!

i tell my doctor that i have these pains.i show him the lines on my legs i think they are nerves or vains but they look like somthing out of a scarey movie becuse they look like they want to come out of my legs.now my legs hurt more then what they did before.qman you said there are diferent options which one is less money becuse the insurance people hate to spend money.

i think they are nerves or vains but they look like somthing out of a scarey movie becuse they look like they want to come out of my legs
    Bulging veins are not something connected to the nerve impingement...you could have a DVT/Deep Vein Thrombsis...and _THAT should/must be diagnosed immediately... if necessary go to the emergency room... there may be a blood clot somewhere in your leg...
    diferent options which one is less money becuse the insurance people hate to spend money.
    stop worrying about the cost of treatment, the cost is not what they make a decision on whether or not to approve a requested treatment...\

I want to stress the importance of getting your lets looked at..sooner than later...at the same time I don't wish to cause distress...but IF there is a clot, and it breaks away from the vein lining...it may travel to your heart...and kill you...if not there...it would go to your brain and that definately would be your last day.

Quote Quoting lowerbackpains View Post
    i tell my doctor that i have these pains.i show him the lines on my legs i think they are nerves or vains but they look like somthing out of a scarey movie becuse they look like they want to come out of my legs.now my legs hurt more then what they did before.qman you said there are diferent options which one is less money becuse the insurance people hate to spend money.
    DO EXACTLY WHAT BvIA HAS WRITTEN!!!!!!

I have had numerous back problems and have been told if this symptom comes up to go to an emergency room and describe your symptoms as soon as possible, if related, which it probably will be then comp will pay fr the visit. Go to the ER NOW!!!!

wouldnt the doctor have figured out that thats what it was?sometimes its better than other times and if i sit or lay down then the bulging vains dont bulge so much maybe a little bit but if i walk a lot the vains bulg up again.i tell my doctor and he doesnt seem to be woried.he says that the muscels are twisted so thats why the vains are bulging.so if i did have this deep vain throbosis would it be all the time or just somtimes?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

i did a search for deep vain throbosis and looked at some photoes.a lot of the photoes have peoples legs all black or red.the vains on my legs look like a powercord under a thin rug but my legs are the color there suposed to be.i will ask my doctor when i see him if it is deep vain throbosis.thank you guys i will tell you what he says.

Quote Quoting lowerbackpains View Post
    wouldnt the doctor have figured out that thats what it was?sometimes its better than other times and if i sit or lay down then the bulging vains dont bulge so much maybe a little bit but if i walk a lot the vains bulg up again.i tell my doctor and he doesnt seem to be woried.he says that the muscels are twisted so thats why the vains are bulging.so if i did have this deep vain throbosis would it be all the time or just somtimes?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

i did a search for deep vain throbosis and looked at some photoes.a lot of the photoes have peoples legs all black or red.the vains on my legs look like a powercord under a thin rug but my legs are the color there suposed to be.i will ask my doctor when i see him if it is deep vain throbosis.thank you guys i will tell you what he says.
    Lowerbackpain, is your appointment with the doctor in the next couple of hours? If not then you really are playing with fire on this one. IF you are exhibiting ANY signs or symptoms of a DVT you MUST go to the closest hospitals emergency department NOW! A DVT is LIFE and/or LIMB THREATENING and you really don't want to play around with one or even the chance of one. An ultra sound of your legs will tell them IF it is a DVT or even a superficial blood clot. Either way you need diagnosed by a medical professional NOW and treated according to what medical experts determine is the issue. (A website is NOT a proper medical professional BTW.) Have you had your blood pressue checked lately?
    Several years ago I had a blood clot in my leg just behind my knee. I was scheduled for hand surgery the morning after this developed. When I had my surgeon look at it he post-poned my surgery, immediately admitted me to the hospital, and had the ultra sound run. Even though it was NOT a DVT and only a superficial blood clot he still keep me on strict bed rest as an inpatient and started the injections of blood thinners for three days before he would even look at me to do the surgery.

This really is NOT something to mess around with. As Qman has told you it is imperative that you GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW. That stands for rather WC pays the bill or not, IF your problems are even casually related to your work injury then WC will have to pay for treatment. You may have to fight for them to pay it but that should NOT be your concern at the moment as you really could be putting your life at risk to not go and get checked out NOW.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

I don't care what something on a computer told you, we are human beings and am telling you to seek immediate medical attention, so you and your family don't regret it in the morning. Listen to all and steel who experienced it first hand!