New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Fell Becuase of a Pinched Nerve

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:
    i got a problem.i have bulging disks.i had leg and kneepain and my knee would give out on me and get wobly.alot of times i would be able to keep from falling but today i fell hard and broke a bone in my femur.i told my work and they said i need to paply for std disabilty.but if i didnt have the pinch nerve i would not have falen.does my fall get taken care of by wc?

Default Re: I Fell Becuase of a Pinched Nerve

maybe.
    whether the fall was caused by a work injury or not will depend on medical evidence; neither you or the employer gets to decide.

thanks sh.i think they are trying to bully me around.they said i may need to apply for short term disablity and a leave of abcense.but the chriopracter knows about all about my knee.He has been saying that all the trouble before my fall today was becuase of the pinched nerve.i am going to call him tomorow and talk to him more.

Quote Quoting lowerbackpains View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:
    i got a problem.i have bulging disks.i had leg and kneepain and my knee would give out on me and get wobly.alot of times i would be able to keep from falling but today i fell hard and broke a bone in my femur.i told my work and they said i need to paply for std disabilty.but if i didnt have the pinch nerve i would not have falen.does my fall get taken care of by wc?
    The doctor who is treating your workers compensation injury will have to determine if the nerve caused the fall and if this injury is causally related to your comp injury. I would get this determination as soon as possible and if you have an attorney inform the attorney tomorrow. Also, just to cover your ass file a workers compensation injury form along with the form they want you to file, with who would be responsible for your care and needs of your new injury be determined later.
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!

Quote Quoting Q-man View Post
    The doctor who is treating your workers compensation injury will have to determine if the nerve caused the fall and if this injury is causally related to your comp injury. I would get this determination as soon as possible and if you have an attorney inform the attorney tomorrow. Also, just to cover your ass file a workers compensation injury form along with the form they want you to file, with who would be responsible for your care and needs of your new injury be determined later.
    the doctors at the hospital are saying that i have somthing growing on were the bone broke.they puled some out and are going to have sombody look at it to see what it is.but they said to that i need the knee replacd becuase the bone is very week.so i dont know if its from my injury at work is why the bone is very week.i hate waiting to know what they puled out of my knee to see what it was.im still in the hospital i need to call my lawyer.

...but the chriopracter knows about all about my knee.He has been saying that all the trouble before my fall today was becuase of the pinched nerve

....they said to that i need the knee replacd becuase the bone is very week.
    You are seeing a Chiropractor for your knee injury... where is the distinct possibility of your need of surgery...
    You need a "doctor", Ortho, not a chiro...
    they puled some out and are going to have sombody look at it to see what it is
    That is a biopsy of the ligigment... generally takes about two days for results from the lab.

i was seing the chiropracter for my back and legs then my back was felling better but my leg was realy hurting the chiropracter said it was a pinched nerve and the other doctor said it could be and he was going to send me to another doctor to see if it was.they said the thing in my knee isnt anywere else so i dont know if its part of my injury.

IF your -knee was not accepted in the org claim...you will have to get the ER/IC to accept as a compensable consequence, or beneftis are not going to be paid... namely, medical care. TKO or otherwise, they will deny.

my knee and back were accepted in origonal claim.if there is somthing in the stuf they took from my knee wil that make a diference?im waiting to here about what they find about it.what do you mean about tko?

Quote Quoting Q-man View Post
    As I stated above. Contact your treating doctor, the one who stated your back and knee was injury related and is a workers compensation case, then notify your attorney, and wait for the test result while your attorney and your treating doctor get together to determine weather or not you have a case. Personally, if what was found was something that needed to be roved asao I'd skip comp ,and go right to the proper treating doctors deal with this type of disease (cancer and or tumor).
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!