Default What Happens After PPD Rating

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: NV 2010
    I slip and fall at work.I had to get knee surgery to be able to walk and maybe to get pain away.After I went thur PT and everything I went back to work.As soon as I went back to work since day one my boss is on my tail,telling me to go do this and that ,folling me around,harrasing me even wrote me up on the same day.After talking to a lot of people I learned that this happens everyday ...that once a worker gets hurt on the job and he or her got working comp case going the empoyer will find a way to fire that worker b/c they are afraid that the worker will get hurt again and sue the empoyer big time.I resign and got the hell out of that place.I had gone to permanent partial disability evaluation.The physician did my knee & whole body rating.He gave me 3% whatever that means.The insurance claim adjuster that has my claim has not call me or anything yet.I only talked to aduster maybe three time.I got done with rating everything 5 weeks ago.What should I do? Should I sue? Is it too late to sue?I have no lawer.I feel there nothing much a lawer could do for me at this time.I filed for SSD and and I just got in the mail forms to fill out where I worked for 10 years and what I did.I have a letter from SSA that says if I became disabled today I could get $1,075 a month.Does SSI and my worker comp work togather? It sure feels to me that there's something going between my worker comp claim and SSI.As sson as I filed for SSD after two weeks I got new forms in the mail to be filled out and mail in in less than 15 days I was told.Do SSD & worker comp work togather before my worker comp make me an offer or something close to that? Thank you all for your help.I look forward to read your respond.Your comments mean a lot to me and agin thank you.God Bless.

Default Re: What Happens After PPD Rating

they don't work together but Social Security will offset it's payments by your work comp.
    http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10018.html

you cannot sue your employer for a work injury; workers comp benefits are the only remedy.

more information about Nevada workers comp
    http://dirweb.state.nv.us/WCS/FAQs.pdf
    http://dirweb.state.nv.us/WCS/wcs.htm
    http://naiw.nv.gov/
    Last edited by .SH; 07-11-2011 at 07:55 PM.

I slip and fall at work.I had to get knee surgery to be able to walk and maybe to get pain away.
    The physician did my knee & whole body rating.He gave me 3% whatever that means
    The PPD rating indicates how many weeks of indemnity benefits you are eligible for.
    You should consult with an attorney...there is no feel.

As to SSDI.... unless you have other physical/mental impairment that prevents you from gainful employment, you aren't going to be awarded benefits...your knee injury alone is not going to meet SSA definition of "permenant disabled".
    WC and SSA/SSDI/SSI are not related.

when I was on workers comp TD I was getting a pay check for a little over $600 a month at the same time I was getting 80% pay from light duty.I have more than 15 years in SSI system.when I got hurt I was working two jobs.one fulltime another one PT.I don't think i want to a get a lawer b/c I heard if i get a lawer my workerc comp money I may be getting will be reduce by insurance company and use it to pay for thire own lawer.Is this truth? I never had workers comp case before or a lawer in my life.Thank You all fore your respond.

I don't think i want to a get a lawer b/c I heard if i get a lawer my workerc comp money I may be getting will be reduce by insurance company and use it to pay for thire own lawer.Is this truth?
    No...why would you pay for their attorney?

If you are receiving SSI and not SSDI, which are very different, any amount of money you receive can affect your SSI benefits...to receive SSI you must be disabled, blind, or retired and have limited assets.
    If you are receiving SSDI, your total income when combining WC and SSDI cannot exceed 80% of your pre wage income.
    So...any wages you are receiving, even from both jobs, must be reported to SSA. And, can affect your total monthly income.

When you are "told" something by another party... something that has to do with legal issues, you should go to the source. In this case an attorney, there is no fee for consultation, or SSA if you have those questions.
    Responses here are based only on your info in the post, we have no way of knowing exactly what the facts are.

If you are receiving SSI and not SSDI, which are very different, any amount of money you receive can affect your SSI benefits...to receive SSI you must be disabled, blind, or retired and have limited assets.
    If you are receiving SSDI, your total income when combining WC and SSDI cannot exceed 80% of your pre wage income.
    So...any wages you are receiving, even from both jobs, must be reported to SSA. And, can affect your total monthly income.

I am not working.I am living off my savings.My workers comp claim rep got my PPD report 14 days ago.From reading my state workers comp site it says by the law the insurance co has 14 days to let me know what is going with my claim/offer me some kind offer and stuff.I am not receiving SSDI.When you said both jobs must be reported to SSA are you kidding me? offcourse they were reported I filed my tax return for 2010.I paid from my both jobs fed income tax and everything else. I was making over $2400 a month and was greatfull with what I got now I make $0.I lost my income b/c of my knee injuries.I tried to go to school but they told me I made too much money last year if i really want to go there I have to pay from my own pocket.If I have no income can I get SSI? or I have to be 65 years old to collect my share of SSI.I am not asking for a handout all I want is the SSA give me back the money gov took out from my pay checks for more than 15 years.

If I have no income can I get SSI? or I have to be 65 years old to collect my share of SSI.I am not asking for a handout all I want is the SSA give me back the money gov took out from my pay checks for more than 15 years.
    The way your post read, you are receiving SSI or SSDI...it's not clear...
    but...SSA didn't "take" any money from you...the law, federal, Social Security Adm... collects money from your wages, you and your ER contribute, and it's the same as an insurance policy, that guarantees benefits when you become disabled, (under SSA definition) or retirement benefits.
    From the info you provide here...IMHO< no you are not eligible for SSDI, or SSI.

SSA didn't "take" any money from you...the law, federal, Social Security Adm... collects money from your wages, you and your ER contribute, and it's the same as an insurance policy, that guarantees benefits when you become disabled, (under SSA definition) or retirement benefits.
    From the info you provide here...IMHO< no you are not eligible for SSDI, or SSI.[/QUOTE]
    Let's say I don't become disabled the rest of my life & I die at the age of 40 years old I have no kids and no wife....who will end up keeping the money that was taken out of my checks?