Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kentucky Workers

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Uninsured Employer Fund . and Gallagher Bassett

Received a notificaiton from att. with my name vs. employer and uninsured employer fund. Does this mean my employer had no WC ins?? Originally I had received from Gallagher Bassett an prescription card one month after my accident. Nothing else. I had spoken with someone at that time in their office and of course she denied my claim. (I have read horror stories re: GB, and the way I read it, they are a TPA) That was 2 months ago. I do not understand. Is GB handling my ER case along with the UEF or is he now on his own...? The notification came today. I have a very capable att. and all is well in his hands, but I would like to be able to understand this mumbo jumbo as it happens and don't want to call him everyday. I have not heard from GB since that initial contact months ago.

Default Re: Uninsured Employer Fund . and Gallagher Bassett

Yes Gallagher Bassett is a Third Party Administrator I have them on my case also. I have the same prescription card that you have. GB is a company hired by your employer to cut your throat. They are not the insurance company. The term "uninsured employer fund" seems to explain itself but your lawyer would be the best answer to that part of your question. For you employer to hire a TPA its a sign that things have or are expected to get pretty expensive. GB is a company that operates coast to coast and they make money off of your pain. They will do everything within there power to make it a living hell for you. If you don't have a nurse case manager you probably will before too long. And it goes on and on and on. There is a good side to all this. First you have a lawyer you trust, and thats your first and best defense to this sh@tstorm. Second, GB does not have a good work enviroment for their employees. If you google them you will find all kind of employee statements explaining how they are over worked and underpaid. How they don't stay long with GB before moving on. Which is one of the reason my claims adjuster has been changed 9 times in 19 months. Best of luck to you.

GB does not have a good work enviroment for their employees....all kind of employee statements explaining how they are over worked and underpaid.
    Look at GE, FedEx...UPS, Wal-Mart... did you ever hear of an employee who wasn't "overworked and underpaid" ...?
    my claims adjuster has been changed 9 times in 19 months
    I'm not defending GB of course...but have you considered these CA's simply weren't doing their job...OR, they may have been promoted to a more responsible position... who knows.

Quote Quoting ANNOYED2011 View Post
    Received a notificaiton from att. with my name vs. employer and uninsured employer fund. Does this mean my employer had no WC ins?? Originally I had received from Gallagher Bassett an prescription card one month after my accident. Nothing else. I had spoken with someone at that time in their office and of course she denied my claim. (I have read horror stories re: GB, and the way I read it, they are a TPA) That was 2 months ago. I do not understand. Is GB handling my ER case along with the UEF or is he now on his own...? The notification came today. I have a very capable att. and all is well in his hands, but I would like to be able to understand this mumbo jumbo as it happens and don't want to call him everyday. I have not heard from GB since that initial contact months ago.
    it depends on your date of injury or if you have more then one claim.
    if so your employer could be legally self-insured for one or part of one claim, but not for the all.

There is onlly one part as far as I know. There was only one injury from me, which Im still being treated for. If there was another part then Im in the dark. The only way I knew it was GB was the envelope that contained my prescription card. I recently spoke with an insurance lady who was extremly nice re: the refusal to pay for my RX. but was immediately helped with satisfactory results. Im beginning to wonder if it was GB. It was not the same lady I had spoken to months ago. Then it could have been a new worker. She even ask when and why hadn't anyone contacted me. GB????? Guess Im just hoping that he dropped GB and I won't have to deal with them. Seems like the worker who works for 20 yrs and would rather be working instead of sitting gets the short end by allowing ICs and companies such as GB to make your painful life more so. It would make more sense to get the IW back to work and get it over with.. seems like that would be less costly.

unfortunately dealing with the uninsured employer fund won't be any smoother.
    unions and worker rights are under continual political & legislative attack and if wisconsin is any indication most citizens are not interested in stopping it.

Who knows? That is a very good point....who knows? FedEx,UPS and GE.....don't know that I would put those employers on the same level with wal-mart, that just doesn't seem fair, I mean not all employers are the kind of criminals that walmart really is. As for GB I speak only from my own travels along the slippery slope that is WC. Also its worth noting that as your case becomes more complicated medically or just more expensive I have been told its handed over to more senior adjuster with higher settlement authority. Along that same line different grades of adjusters handle different types of claims, meaning a medical only claims adjuster often has very little settlement authority and handles only medical billing. Where a senior claims manager handles most aspect of just about all claims from first injury report, investigation, compensability, treatment, right on through to settlement. Its good to have a idea of what type of people your dealing with.

The one thing Im catching on to is this.... trying to understand WC is a constant state of confusion... dont try to understand it.. don't count on anything... don't wonder about it... don't rely on it.. don't dismiss it.. just get on with life.. chalk one up... shake it off... get better and try to move back to when life was sane....when talking about IC it was in regards to automobiles and colds... when WC was a passage in your employer/'employee handbook ... when life was simple and frustation came and went and didn't hang around in form of ppl working for someone trying to swindle you. Lawyers get paid to do a job and let them handle it all.. even if it means looking like a deer in head lights when spoken to.