Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Getting SSI Disability While Receiving Workers Comp

I have been receiving workers comp. for 6 mo. there is no dispute about my case. I was just app. for ss dis. Will my ss dis be reduced as long as I continue to receive workers comp.
    Thanks

Default Re: I Have Been Receiving Workers Comp for 6months and Was Jus App. for SSI Dis

It depends solely on your own personal circumstances. Every year or so the SSA will send you a SS statement. On that statement they will give you all the information that you need. On the line that reads "If you were to become totally disabled at this time your monthly income will be"....$0000.00. (place your real number there). On the last page or so is your whole history of your annual income. The higher the numbers there and the lower the average weekly wage was when you got hurt, the less likely you will have an offset. Offset or no offset, better to be making 80% of your salary than just 68 1/3 correct? Who cares, more money to live on as far as I'm copncerned.. In most cases this monthly wage will be offset or reduced by your workers comp payments. In some cases if you had made a higher amount of money in the last couple of years and a considerably lower amount when you injured yourself, the offset may not apply to you. A SSDI attorney can tell you more. You may want to line one up in case they deny you. It gives you something to do in the meantime. That way you will have already been ready if or when the time comes to appeal or ask for a reconsideration. Good luck... Hope this helps

Default Re: I Have Been Receiving Workers Comp for 6months and Was Jus App. for SSI Dis

willie
    Will my ss dis be reduced as long as I continue to receive workers comp.
    explorereb96
    wrote an entire book
    Please reduce your answers to a summary that can be understood by the common man, I have no idea of what you're saying.

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 09-10-2011 at 05:57 AM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

I understand this part of the process now. Thanks

When WC calculates a settlement for lost wages, how many years do they typically consider. I am 57. Also do are they allowed to deduct SSD benefits in the settlement.

how many years do they typically consider
    No more than five. (as a rule)

are they allowed to deduct SSD benefits in the settlement.
    No

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.

Your a late night guy to Tony. Do they always or usually consider 5 years.

Depending on your rating, it's the max they will go, in your state anyways.