Virginia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Virginia Workers

• Virginia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Virginia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why Would My Workers Compensation Checks Quit After Receiving Them for a Month

I just am wondering what caused the insurance company to stop paying my workers compensation weekly checks after I had already received about a month and a half of them? I was sent a award agreement to sign but my attorney said that it didn't have my other fractures on it, which my injuries are two fractures in my pelvis and one in my heel bone that runs through my ankle. The ankle wasn't found until 6 weeks later after weeks of me telling the insurance's nurse that it was still hurting and they finally agreed to check it with a CT. I guess Im wondering would not signing the agreement which would make the insurance company follow the law and pay me my weekly checks and lifetimedical benefits, in which there is nothing that makes them do anything until a award is entered. I just want to know if it's because they found out that I have a attorney or didn't sign the award agreement because I have did all that they have asked and I really want to get back to work.

Default Re: Why Would My Workers Compensation Checks Quit After Receiving Them for a Month

There is no way we could tell why your benefits have stopped.
    If you are signing an agreement to close the claim by a Compromise and Release... benefits could stop.

Talk to your attorney... he has the file, and knows how the law apply to your claim.

Default Re: Why Would My Workers Compensation Checks Quit After Receiving Them for a Month

Holy Moley.... Can you at least end a sentence with a period please? If I read that post aloud, could I take a breath? Doesn't sound like you have an attorney yet. Get one ASAP. Stop talking to the IC's nurse case manager! She is not your friend and she is not there to help you. She is there to help the IC limit their liability. Did you sign anything? If you did, get to that WC lawyer yesterday. If you didn't, still get to that lawyers office tomorrow. WC lawyers work on a contigency fee. They get paid when they work to get you paid. Now take a breath and talk to some friends or family about who knows a good lawyer. If that lawyer doesn't do WC, then ask that "good" lawyer if he knows of a good competant WC lawyer. ... uuhh today....or tomorrow... and stop talking so freely with the IC.

explorereb96
    Can you at least end a sentence with a period please?
    I think the poster did, some sentences are a tad long but it's not that bad
    Did you sign anything?
    The poster said "didn't sign the award agreement"
    So As stated, no the poster didn't sign an agreement.

Doesn't sound like you have an attorney yet. Get one ASAP.
    As stated "I was sent a award agreement to sign but my attorney said "
    And " I have a attorney"
    And even your buddy Bvia said "Talk to your attorney"
    After all of that, how can you possibly say "Doesn't sound like you have an attorney yet"
    Come on!!!

stop talking so freely with the IC.
    The poster said "after weeks of me telling the insurance's nurse that it was still hurting "
    She wasn't "talking freely to the IC"
    She was informing the nurse of her problems, nothing wrong with that

Did you even read the post?
    If you guys are going to respond to posts at least take the time to read and understand what you're talking about.
    People are coming here for help or advice, they don't need to be jerked around.

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 09-13-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Thanks, Tony - I was going to add something here, but my fingers are tired.

I didn't claim to be a English major so get over it,and if you don't like what I write don't respond. Yes I do have a lawyer but I thought maybe someone here may have had this happen and found out why. The lawyer says they do not have to do a thing until there is a award agreement entered. This all seems crazy , it seems like if a man gets hurt at no fault of there own they would do the right thing and pay you close to what you made and get you better so you can return to work. You don't need to respond any more if you can't handle a little bad grammer, it's not like I'm trying to win a essay.

Well, it's really funny that once somebody challenges your rantings, your grammar, spelling, and punctuation improves.

Quote Quoting LeglEgl View Post
    Well, it's really funny that once somebody challenges your rantings, your grammar, spelling, and punctuation improves.
    Thatís ranting (without the s) How is that funny?
    Ok, let's knock it off.
    Either address the issue or don't respond.

Back to topic -
    The Ic can and will cut off payments at any time for any or no reason.
    Sometimes it's a starve out tactic, hoping you'll just give up and walk away.
    Other times it's a pressure tactic to force you into an agreement.
    You should've received a notice of why, if not you will.
    I know this sounds stupid but don't get too worked up over it, it's a common tactic, business as usual.
    You will prevail in the end.

Take Care
    Tony
    Last edited by tony; 09-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.

Believe me it was luck...hahaha...

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Thanks Tony, I'm just aggravated because I have worked hard to do all they have asked of me and my lawyer said I did one too many before getting in contact with him. I am just going to ask the doctor to release me back to work, even though I'm not 100% yet so as to not give them any leverage.

coalminer26
    I am just going to ask the doctor to release me back to work
    NO!!!!!! That's exactly what they want you to do!!!
    Your lawyer should be filing for an expedited hearing to have payments reinstated.
    Do or say nothing without your lawyers instructions.

Tony