California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Status Hearing Information

I have a Status Hearing coming up in November 2011, and I am new to this. I had to report my legal counsel because of them my case was dismissed and I had to have adjudicated and re-opened in pro per. I have been trying with the help of the I&A officer to contact the insurance company to request a PDA for travel and other expenses because, I have since had to move home to Ohio. I spent about 3 hours today with this I&A officer trying to contact the correct insurance carrier to request the PDA but, was unable to find the correct carrier. I wonder if the I&A officer is deliberately giving me the incorrect information or if he just doesn't care to find out the correct carrier's phone number is for my request of the PDA.

Also, I have come to find out that I can request a Diversity of Citizenship due to hardship to have my worker compensation case heard here in Ohio instead of having to place myself in a hardship and travel to California for the Status Hearing. I am just right now wanting some kind of information on the best way to handle this up coming Status Hearing, can I get some much needed advice?

Default Re: Status Hearing Information

Assume your "PDA" is Permenant Disability Advance"...(?) There is no law that requires the ER/IC to do this. Doesn't matter what the I&A officer says...and why would any I&A delibertly provide false information? I&A receive no compensation by helping with your claim.

The carriers correct information should be/is on the notice of Status Hearing you rec'd from the WCAB.
    Also, I have come to find out that I can request a Diversity of Citizenship due to hardship to have my worker compensation case heard here in Ohio instead of having to place myself in a hardship and travel to California for the Status Hearing.
    Can you provide a link to your info... OH WC courts have no jurisdiction over WC in Calif, nor would the judges be required to become familiar with our laws. Never heard of transfer of a WC claim due to hardship, no one is forcing you to litigate your claim. Many hearings are conducted by phone.

This is a duplicate post, I won't reply to the other.