Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Degenerative Disc Disease / Herniated Disc

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: WI

I fell @ a gas station while I was on the clock. Xrays, MRI and EMG show DDD, 2 cervical bulging discs and a cervical herniated disc. Emg shows a C7 nerve impingement.

I have spoken to people who said its a hard case too prove because of the DDD? In constant pain, have had therapy including traction, 2 steroid injections and Lryica and Tramadol prescribed to help with the pain. Also, I have been working for the past 6 months with this. .not fun by any means. Any info greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Ddd / Herniated Disc

Quote Quoting dandon View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: WI

I fell @ a gas station while I was on the clock. Xrays, MRI and EMG show DDD, 2 cervical bulging discs and a cervical herniated disc. Emg shows a C7 nerve impingement.

I have spoken to people who said its a hard case too prove because of the DDD?
    Any info greatly appreciated.
    The DDD is common if your over the age of 20 how severe it is, is I would say based on the type of work one has done. the more bending and lifting of heavy objects would put one more prone to a more severe state of DDD. Having said that I am well aware of the symptoms you are going through because I am going thru some of the same In fact I am having discectomy surgery later in the month.

1. Have you found a reputable atty?

2. I don't think your going to have a problem proving your case with the 2 cervical bulging discs and a cervical herniated disc, along with the emg showing a C7 nerve impingement. As long as the accident was reported with your employer at the time.

I would speak to a couple of WC trial lawyers in your area because you do have rights as an injured worker and 1 of them should be able to help you understand more clearly where you stand. Good luck with your recovery...

Thank-you for your reply Elky-
    I do have a Work Comp Attorney on stand by. I have a Personal Injury Attorney from the same Law Firm also. Just waiting to see what Work Comp is going to do with everything, Med. Bills etc. I've never recieved a card to pay for prescriptions and have no idea if any Medical Bills are being paid. Im afraid to call into work when the pain is real bad for fear I'm going to be fired. Its really awful to be in so much pain and have to deal with all this stuff. Wish this was over and done. Best of luck on your surgery and have a speedy recovery...

dandon... could you please keep your posts in one thread... preferrably your state.
    This is duplicate information... confusing to other responders.