Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kentucky Workers

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Before You Start Receiving Check for Lost Wages

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: KY. I recently injured my back. I have been off work almost two weeks, I know that there is a 7 day waiting period before any payments will start, but after the two week period how long before you actually receive payment is what I am unsure about. How do I find out the weekly amount and when payments starts?? Also I am afraid that the Employer will try and find a way to fire me once I am released to go back to work because the day I was put off work she asked me why didn't I just go ahead and quit?? What can I do if anything about the conversation I had with the employer and them finding a way to terminate me?

Default Re: How Long Before You Start Receiving Check for Lost Wages

generally it takes 14 days from the time the carrier is notified you are off work to get confirmation from your doctors and issue a check.

more information as to how disability payments are calculated here:
    http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaim...0Guidebook.pdf

(2/3 of your weekly wage with a maximum of $736.)

if you are harassed or terminated for filing a claim you can file a discrimination complaint with the work comp board.

Wink Re: How Long Before You Start Receiving Check for Lost Wages

Thank You Sh.

The day I injured my back, my job sent me to the ER to be seen, the er put me off work for two days, and follow up with my doc in 3-5 days, which this happened on a friday so over the weekend I had off, which I had the weekends off anyway.

On monday when I returned to work they had me doing the same extact thing I was doing the day my back was injured. I injured my back with a wheelchair pt.. On monday all I had was wheelchairs pts, and one was 6 times my size that I had to literally PUSH thru the door to get his big butt on and over the lift. On Monday I called the office several times speaking with the HR woman. I asked for the insurance company name and contact info several times, she would not give to me. Told me she couldn't release the information to me but she could to a dr office..The doctor office wouldn't make a appointment without the info...???

The dr office was telling me that she was playing games and that she had to give me the info..So by the end of day I was very upset..I called her and told her I had to have the information..She did finally give it to me and before hanging up told me that the boss wanted me to call her in the am of the following day at 9:00.

I called her the next morning, and the first thing out of her mouth was asking me if I really hurt myself that bad?? She then went on talking about a incident that happened the day before. I work with a transportation comp, transporting medical clients to dialysis and such. Our schedules are faxed to us the day before so that we know what we are doing and who we are picking up on the next day. On friday they faxed nothing to me.. Monday morning I had to call to get my schedule at 5 am.. I had to call several times that morning, she kept telling me she had faxed it but never. Anyway she finally did fax it about 20 minutes before I had to start my 14 hrs of work. Typically I have the same people to pick up in the morning for a program for the developmental adults, and take them to a daycare like program. I was rushed that morning with having to pick up about 30 mins or so away and not having enough time to look over the schedule before leaving. They had put a person in the schedule for me to pick up that I normally pickup and drop off, but this morning they had me picking her up and 10 minutes later had me taking her to a dr appointment. Which is not feasible..The distance from her pickup and time slot, to drop off and time slot did NOT match. They had me picking her up and dropping her off before I could drop any of the others off at their program that I hadn't arrived at yet. Long story short, I didn't see this until two hrs after I was suppose to take her to dr appointment. When I did see this I immediately called the office and told them tha I didn't take her.. So this is one of the things she wanted to talk to me about as well.. She told me that not taking client to her appointment wasn't allowed. I explained that friday they didn't fax my schedule and that I had gotten it monday just 20 minutes before starting my rounds and that I didn't have time to look at schedule. She told me she was documenting this as a verball warning...Grant it I made the mistake, but I wasn't entirely at fault. This also wasn't the first time something like this happened. The first for me, but I had been told by the group home people weeks ago about how the company wasn't picking up their clients and taking them to places they needed to be. I feel the boss plans on using this as a way to fire me.. I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it since just days before my injury herself, the supervisor and morning dispatch were telling me what a awesome job I was doing.. and then Suddenly I became the worse driver around.....!!! I hope this makes sense, and not just a bunch of rambling to you..

whether in fact there is discrimination or not depends on the evidence. you may need legal representation to prove such a finding.

Quote Quoting backache2 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: KY. I recently injured my back. I have been off work almost two weeks, I know that there is a 7 day waiting period before any payments will start, but after the two week period how long before you actually receive payment is what I am unsure about. How do I find out the weekly amount and when payments starts?? Also I am afraid that the Employer will try and find a way to fire me once I am released to go back to work because the day I was put off work she asked me why didn't I just go ahead and quit?? What can I do if anything about the conversation I had with the employer and them finding a way to terminate me?
    How did you make out?
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!

How did I make out?? I'm sorry I don't understand. If what you're saying is have I received anything no. I have to wait till tuesday for the 14 day period. I did however talk to the insurance adjuster and she is telling that after 15 days a check is made out. Whether it will be the case I don't know, as this company is very disturbing to deal with on any level.

I went today for a MRI and was told the results of that showed a degenerative disk?? I am not sure what this mean exactly. I have been doing some research and it looks as if age has something to do with it. BUT I am only in my mid fourties soo, I don't know what that means to WC. MY luck they will say my injury was not a result of their employment...UGH Am I right??

Anyone?? I don't know what to make of all this, can someone help me out plz?

DDD/Degenerative Disk Disease can begin at age 20, there does not have to be symptom. Aggreviation due to your work can be a compensable injury. There is no pre existing condition in WC...your ER takes you "as is" on hire.

As you have a 14 day waiting period... yes, the check would be cut the 15th day, allow 5 days for mailing. CA has no reason to lie about this.

Tys Bvia, I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. I got the report from the drs office about the MRI. I have a annular bulge in the L1, L2, L3 ?? What does this mean.? I know I sound stupid...But this is all foreign to me.

I have a annular bulge in the L1, L2, L3 ?? What does this mean.? I know I sound stupid...But this is all foreign to me.
    Never a stupid question... though the person you ask may be stupid..a bit.

It would depend in the mm of your bulge...could be mimimum, ie. 2mm or 3mm, whereby the first course of treatment will probably be some PT/Physical Therapy. Or, you could request some chiro adjustments to see if the vertebra will release. Sometimes this happens due to soft tissue injury... a pulled muscle. Painful... YES absolutely, the never is being pinched at one or all of those levels.

If this was a herniation, where the disk burst, it would likely require surgery. If there were a annular tear, that too may require surgery.
    IMHO... this level of your spine ...lumbar, is very suceptible to muscle strain, and often does resolve on it's own over time. Surgery should be the absolutely last option. There are new procedures, mimimal invasion, disk replacement.
    Talk to your DR...and don't leave the exam room until all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction.