California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default AME Report, then What Happens

I am on my 37 days since I had an appointment with an AME. How do I know when this report is done and the results?
    Does this report go to the AA and the CA? What happens next? Lets say there are requested services required, then what happens?

Default Re: AME Report, then What Happens

Lets say there are requested services required, then what happens?
    There are no "requested services'' ... you already went to the diagnositics the AME ordered...the report is due 30 days from when all those reports are rec'd by the AME... you actually won't be able to count the days.

The AME report goes to the CA/DA, your AA...

I thought the AME report was due in 30 days after the appointment, as was with the PQME. So if one last final report requested by the AME arrives 21 says after the original appointment, the AME has 21 days plus 30 days equals 51 days to complete the AME report? I have searched all over the website and can not find this in law. Can you please give me this code, thank you.
    The PQME report had treatment positions and surgury requirements. The AME report will be different? Will he rate my three injured body parts without requesting treatment or surgery options? What should I expect to see in this report? Thank you.

So if one last final report requested by the AME arrives 21 says after the original appointment, the AME has 21 days plus 30 days equals 51 days to complete the AME report? I
    As your AME ordered the MRI, and EEG, there would be no way you could get those that same day you saw the AME... so yes, think about it, how could the AME issue a report within 30 days if it takes a month for the other reports to be provided. You don't need a statute for this... there isn't a law for everything.
    The PQME report had treatment positions and surgury requirements. The AME report will be different? Will he rate my three injured body parts without requesting treatment or surgery options? What should I expect to see in this report?
    The PQME report is no longer an issue. You have opted to retain an AA, and the AA and DA have "agreed" on using an AME.
    The AME is going to opine on the disputed medical issues as requested by the parties.
    I would have to assume the AME will probably be similar as the PQME...but Drs are people too...everyone has a different opinion.
    If the parties asked the AME to opine on your status...TTD, or MMI, that is what the AME report will contain...IF the AME finds you are MMI, yes, the report would contain a PD/WPI rating.

Your PTP requests treatment or surgery. Not the AME. If UR denies a requested treatment or surgery, then you see the AME to resolve the disputed medical issue.

I am not a expert on these matters, but with my situation it went like this. I had AME July 12,2011. The first report came in at the end of August. The AME said he needed more time in that report because I had done a final EMG. The ironic part was that I had the EMG he requested 1 week after my first appointment. The EMG was sent to the AME 2 weeks after first visit but he still needed more time. Long story short got the supplemental report on October 15,2011. So 3 months from start to finish. For one report......Workman's comp is very slow and everyone's experience is different with the system.

The EMG and needle test was performed by the AME's Doctors office 2 weeks after my appointment, had results that week. The XRays on spine were performed down stairs from his office 1 week after appointment, had results that week. The MRI on cervical spine was performed 2 1/2 weeks after appointment, had results 4 days later. These results should be consistant with the same MRI on spine performed in April 2011. This conclusion on report were 4 lines long. They took a history on my case 26 Sept 2011, have all medical reports on/before 26 Sept 2011. I dont know if the report is already completed and sent out out or is still being prepared. Dont know projected completion date if not yet prepared. Would the AMEs front desk have this information, if the report is done or projected date of being sent out? Could I call and find out if the report was sent out? It might be sitting on AA desk in a closed package.
    I dont know what the parties agreed too with this AME in Conference at WCB. I have requested this information months ago from AA, still waiting for an answer.
    I can only assume that they wanted better answers to the neck/spine issue (Industrial/non Industrial) and what "aggressive attension" performed by PTP on left wrist area as stated in PQME report. All doctors have agreed with carpel tunnel of right wrist, need surgery, IC agrees. I guess I will find out when I see this AME report.
    My new PTP has requested treatment (PR-2 report) for neck/spine and anxiety. I dont know what he will recommend for both wrists. It will go to UR, either be accepted or denied. Will their decision be based on results from AME?

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Hello gvdina. So it took 6-7 weeks after your first appointment to get AME report, then 3 months for supplemental report. Did the original report not include the EMG results?
    Why would the EMG results take so long? Did a different office perform the EMG's? Will a doctor make a final report based on the EMG results?
    My AME's doctors office performed the EMG 2 weeks after appointment. I dont know who prepares a final report or if one is done.
    So if my appointment was 26 September, I can estimate that in 7 weeks, or 14 October, I should have report that week. I pray that it does not take 3 months.
    It has taken years before possible treatment to injuries, yes years, not weeks or months, years.
    Last edited by Bdgabriel; 11-04-2011 at 07:40 AM.

All doctors have agreed with carpel tunnel of right wrist, need surgery, IC agrees. I guess I will find out when I see this AME report.
    You will be notified when the AA gets the report. At that point, your PTP can request treatment "per Dr AME report of 00/00/2011. The carrier MUST provide benefits, OR, file a DOR for hearing immediately.
    The medical/legal process is compicated at times, takes longer than IW's like, and is like a Dr testifying in court. There is no patient/Dr relationship between the IW and the Dr/AME... Nothing is going to move until the report issues.

Do not call the AME.

I was told that AME's are not bound by the strict rules as QME's.

It took 8 months for one of my AME's to write his report.

I would just call your attorney's office every two weeks to see if he if he got it. Your AA has 20 days to object to the report, so you don't want to miss that deadline if that AME report needs to be objected to.

I will wait till this report comes in, will not talk to the AME's office. Im hoping to get some relief of terrible pains in 3 different body parts that have continued on for years.
    My new well respected PTP sent over a PR-2 last week requesting services. The PTP was very concerned as to why no treatment has been authorized for these injuries for years.
    I have my next PTP appointment in Dec. Can I get this AME report, when received to be sent to the new PTP? He will need to see test reports and results. Thank you.

When you get the AME report, make a copy and give it to your new PTP. AME reports were not sent to my PTP...I had to give him a copy at my exam.

Also, if anything is not accurate with the AME report, you may kindly request your PTP to write a rebuttal of the AME report, if he agrees.