Oregon Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oregon Workers

• Oregon Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oregon Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Average Lenght of Time to Get an Alj's Decision on Settlement

i recently had a formal hearing with an ALJ on dispute of my TPD and PPD. i was wondering if some of you might be able to tell me how long it took for your decisions?

Default Re: Average Lenght of Time to Get an Alj's Decision on Settlement

The length of time would depend on the issues being considered...and the court back log. All claims would vary and not be particularly be relevant to your situation... what did your attorney say?
    There may be statutory timeframes.... could vary from 30 to 90 days.
    Why does it take more than 30 days to get an Order?The 30 day deadline for issuance of an order starts when the record closes. Sometimes the record doesn't close on the day of the hearing because additional evidence (for example, a medical report or a deposition of a doctor) has to be obtained and submitted to the ALJ.
    More on the courts is here http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/...ts/hearqna.htm
    and http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/wcb/faq.htm

If you don't have an attorney...
    Ombudsman for Injured Workers (OIW)
    The ombudsman serves as an independent advocate for Oregon's injured workers. We help workers understand their rights and responsibilities in the workers' compensation system, investigate complaints, and work to resolve those complaints.
    http://egov.oregon.gov/DCBS/OIW/index.shtml

my lawyer said the soonest he has every seen a decision is 90 days the longest was 3 years. i should of mentioned this is a longshore harbor act case. i believe that differs somewhat from other state deadlines...??i was just trying to get some feedbackas to the lenght of time it took some other individuals

i was just trying to get some feedbackas to the lenght of time it took some other individuals
    We don't know the disputed issues in your claim, what/why it's going to a judge. Nor what other info/discovery the judge may be looking for in your claim, IF any.

Your atty is the best source of estimating the time it may take... what other IW's may have experienced won't be relative to your situation...too many variables.