Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kentucky Workers

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Additional Benefits or Remedies After Settlement

Friends, in December of 2009 I was injured on the job; after two surgeries and many months of therapy my Dr. told me it was as good as it was going to get and that I should settle with Worker's Comp. I did, full and final. Since that time, the pain has continued to get worse and I have been denied many jobs as a result of my limitations. My question: do I, at this point have any recourse for assistance or am I out in the cold? Thank you for your help.
    *******E-mail removed**********
    Last edited by tony; 12-19-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Default Re: Probably a Silly Question

You can't post e-mails like that.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

my Dr. told me it was as good as it was going to get and that I should settle with Worker's Comp. I did, full and final.
    When you accepted the cash payment to close the claim, you also agreed to accept full liability for any additional medical care, out of your pocket. You use the cash to pay for any additional treatment you may require...can't use your own health insurance, or go back to reopen the claim. The judge reviewed and approved your cash settlement.

More on WC in KY here http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaim...9;-Claims.aspx

Your experience, unfortunately, is a good example of why injured workers should not rely on legal advice from people who are not actual lawyers, or even from lawyers who do not practice law in this particular area of the law.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law