Oregon Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oregon Workers

• Oregon Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oregon Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Released Back to Light Duty/Restricted Work but Still Sick.advice

What happens if I've been cleared by doc to return to work (light duty) but am still feeling very ill from chemical exposure? I have done what my papers from the work comp office told me: call doc and employer to inform them. But I have had no reply since, by either. Although it's been over the holidays..but will this affect my situation at work? And or my claim?

Default Re: Released Back to Light Duty/Restricted Work but Still Sick.advice

If you are released to a light duty or modified work position, and your ER cannot provide that... your weekly benefits would continue.
    If your ER does provide the job, and you refuse, you won't be paid any weekly benefits.

Contact your ER today... dont' wait for them to call you. There won't be any cash benefits, or wages paid if you don't participate in a light duty accommodation.

Where is your attorney handling these issues?

I don't have one quite yet, looking into it presently. I called this morning and left a message for my supervisor to call me back about my job restrictions, but I never hear back. Ever. Should I just go into work if I'm able?

Question Re: Released Back to Light Duty/Restricted Work but Still Sick.advice

I just got a message from my advisor,
    She said just to keep contacting them
    And try to get a response to my questions.
    If I don't hear back today, I think I'll just
    go down there tomorrow morning, hopefully
    they don't freak out on me or act all pissy &
    Rude, overbearing & single me out like usual.
    Crossing my fingers....X

You should go to your ER as soon as you have a release from your DR, whether it's light duty, or at MMI and return to work... if your ER cannot provide a job within your restricitons...you should remain TTD.
    But you have to get to the ER sooner than later, or your Dr can't certify benefits may be due. You could see a gap in those weekly benefits, or wages you may be due... don't just wait for someone to return your calls...
    And get to an attorney to discuss the merits of your claim... what are you waiting for?