Utah Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Utah Workers

• Utah Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Utah Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Impairment Rating Payment

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: UTAH. I have a work related injury . After going through all the medical procedures including surgery(neck injury) and recovery I had an mmi. I was given a 18% impairment rating. At that time Iwas told I would receive an award settlement. My question is do they have a time frame in which to complete this procedure.

Default Re: Impairment Rating Payment

Once your Dr declares you MMI, and rates for PPD, those benefits generally begin on the next regular benefit schedule...IE. same as your TTD was paid...unless you receive notice they are going to get an IME evaluation and dispute your Dr's rating.

Discuss your options with your attorney.
    Have you contacted the CA about those benefits?

Was able to work throughout so did not receive any benefits. Injury was in Aug. 2009. Had MMI Sept. 2011 at which time i was given 18% impairment. My question is does or is there guide lines or a timeline that the insurance companys must follow?

Have you been povided or asked to sign a "Compensation Agreement"?
    Have you filed a Form 134 with the Labor Commissioner requesting a lump sum payment of your PPD indemnity benefits?
    Have you disputed the IME rating of 18%, and requested a second opinion? (the ER/IC is not required to pay for a second opinion, however you can get one on your own, if higher, you can request Mediation conference).

My question is does or is there guide lines or a timeline that the insurance companys must follow?
    The statute provides for a scale of payments, but it appears you must file for a hearing to be awarded the benefits.
    34A-2-412. Permanent partial disability -- Scale of payments.
    (1) An employee who sustained a permanent impairment as a result of an industrial accident and who files an application for hearing under Section 34A-2-417 may receive a permanent partial disability award from the commission.http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE34A/htm/34A02_041200.htm

(ii) by no later than 12 years from the date of the accident, is able to meet the employee's burden of proving that the employee is due the compensation claimed under this chapter.
    (b) Subsection (2)(a) applies to a claim for compensation for:
    (i) temporary total disability benefits;
    (ii) temporary partial disability benefits;
    (iii) permanent partial disability benefits; or
    (iv) permanent total disability benefits.
    http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE34A/htm/34A02_041700.htm
    Have you contacted the Commissioners office for assistance, or the claims adjuster directly?

Or, has your ER/IC petitioned the comp court judge to terminate benefits due to your ER providing work within your restrictions?

The Employees Guide to Workers Compensation is here http://www.laborcommission.utah.gov/...isions%201.pdf
    Utah Labor Commission main page here http://www.laborcommission.utah.gov/...nts/index.html

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    Once your Dr declares you MMI, and rates for PPD, those benefits generally begin on the next regular benefit schedule...IE. same as your TTD was paid...unless you receive notice they are going to get an IME evaluation and dispute your Dr's rating.

Discuss your options with your attorney.
    Have you contacted the CA about those benefits?
    how long time after you have MMI the rates for PPD can be done?Can go at doctor to ask for a copy or they send just to IC?