I was injured 3/11 and my company nor the IC has not denied the injury(2 witnesses). After months of PT the Dr. decided it was time for surgery. From the beginning he had talked about shoulder replacement. But he also stated I was to young(48), so after some discussion we tried scoping it first to see how it would go. He did this trying to get me a couple more years before the replacement. The surgery didn't work. Now they are talking about replacement again. My question is: I know I can refuse the surgery, but what affect will it have on my claim? Right now I am pretty much pain free(unless moved wrong), I do have alot of restrictions. Even with the replacement surgery it has pretty much been decided that due to the weight limits in my job, I still will not be able to return to work. The IC wants me to have a second opinion even after the replacement surgery has been approved. They tell me its for my best interest(lol). If anyone can steer me towards an attorney with a pit bull mentallity, it would sure be appreciated. I do not want a quick settlement type, their are alot of other questions in regards to this case that I am trying to research, but I also know the time will come when the fight really begins. I am also a union member if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance for all your help.