California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Attorney Giving Legal Advice Yet No Legal Contract

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: CA

Has anyone ever heard of attorney giving you legal advice whenever you have a question or paperwork in question yet you have no legal contract? The explanation to why is "everything is going the way it should and nothing is being denied where I need to interfere or request an expediated hearing, but I am here for you when I need to steip in ". HMMM should I be concern or it this possible????????

Default Re: Has Anyone Experience a Attorney Giving You Legal Advice Yet No Legal Contract

There is generally no reason for an attorney if you are receiving the benefits you are eligible for. When you are denied/delayed those benefits, as the atty has explained.... you sign the retainer agreement. The atty will know when that is necessary. Sounds like this atty is "up and up" in not wanting to take fees from any voluntarily payed benefits/award you may receive.

Default Re: Has Anyone Experience a Attorney Giving You Legal Advice Yet No Legal Contract

Serious, I have said that to potential clients on a number of occasions. The lawyer is simply saying that he is ready to help you if you get to the point that you need legal help. The lawyer does not think he can do anything to help at this point.

I think that is a sign that you have located a lawyer who has your best interest at heart.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Thanks for the response

I just read your other post about your spinal surgery issue, and I recommend consulting with a few other work comp attorney's as it seems like you could use some help. This of course is my humble opinion.