Arizona Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Arizona Workers

• Arizona Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Arizona Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Monetary Compensation

I was recently advised by a friend that a possible award is given if an individual has surgery due to a work related injury. Is this true? Is it through workers' compensation or do I have to file through somewhere else? I have heard that, when an injury requires surgery, that certain body part will never be back to 100% and you have so much of a permanent disability with it. Is this true? I have been jerked around by one doctor for about 4 months and now that I have seen a new doctor, he has shown the areas that need work. I will be having surgery on my left hand and manipulation on my left shoulder (due to it being frozen) while I am sedated from surgery. Some insight on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Monetary Compensation

Doesn't matter the type of treatment, or amount you receive. An award is based on residual PPD/Permanent Partial Disability or impairment. Once you reach a stable condition or MMI/Maximum Medical Improvement has been reached, you'll be rated by your Dr, or an IME.
    You may or may not be 100% post op/treatment. There is likely to be some loss of use.

The PPD/loss of use benefits are predetermined by law. Complete loss/amputation of the hand pays 50 months...or a % thereof based on the PPD rating. 12. For the loss of a major hand, fifty months, or of a minor hand, forty months.
    See 23-1044 Compensation for partial disability; computation
    here http://www.helplinelaw.com/usa-statu...20COMPENSATION
    Loss of arm is also 50 months...

You need to consult with an attorney to determine the merits of your injury/claim, not friends who may not have experieced a work injury. Message boards are not a good substitute for valid legal advice.

There may be time sensitive constraints in filing for benefits...an attorney would help you with that.
    There may also be additional benefits you are eligible for.
    There is no guarantee of a cash settlement to a comp claim....WC is about paying benefits.

Default Re: Monetary Compensation

To BvIA:
    Thank you very much for the information. While I was awaiting a reply, I found some information on the "awards" on the legislative site from another post I was reading. Just for your own knowledge, I would not do anything without the advise of a good atty. I only got the information from my friends. I may be intelligent, but I know better than to go into a court of law and try to fight for something I know nothing about. You are very knowledgeable about a lot of things, as I have read your responses to a lot of questions. Thank you for helping so many people. I don't know your situation, but I pray only the best for you. Once again, thank you.