New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Functional Capacity Test After Discogram Results

Wow now the IC is sending me to do functional Capacity test after Discogram Prodcedure, That Discogram Procedure Confirmed The Damaged disc's, Its a Test you cant fake , "FOOKING PAINFUL" as there putting the injection in your Spine/Disc They can tell which disc is bad and causing the problem.

I Can have Functional Capacity test Recorded also? I dont Trust these IME's Seems there IME didnt give them what they want and now there sending me to another one. i just went to an IME in end of NOV 2011 There trying hard to Lower my pay.
    Last edited by ELEVO; 01-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Default Re: Functional Capacity Test. After Discogram Results

I Can have Functional Capacity test Recorded also?
    I've never understood this recording thing, it accomplishes nothing and makes you look defensive.
    Just go to the IME or FCE, be honest and get it over with, making a fuss won't change the outcome.
    The main opinion that matters is you PTP, the others are useless in my book.

Again, go to the exam, do your best, be honest and don't worry about it.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Can someone explain to me what a functional capicity eval is, and what's the purpose of it?

It's supposedly a test designed to determine your physical capabilities, like how long can you stand or can you climb a stairway.
    It was originally designed as a stress test for heart patients, it was never meant to be used to determine physical capabilities.
    I think it's a ploy to determine your attitude, to see if you're willing to do certain tasks.
    If you refuse a certain task they can then say you're uncooperative or not or willing to improve.
    This is why it's important to play the game, attempt the silly tricks, be honest and leave.
    At the end of the day it's useless.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Thanks a lot for the information, I really do appreciate it.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    I've never understood this recording thing, it accomplishes nothing and makes you look defensive.
    The Reason i Record is because it once affected my pay by $1,000.00 a Month.
    See i went to an IME for the first time in my life with my dad, This IME Saw me for 3-5 Min's, Measured my Knees, Touched my Wrist and sent me on my way. Two weeks later i get a letter in the Mail. It was the IME Report. In that Report He claimed i Lift my legs To Normal Capabilities, Claimed i was able to walk on my toes and heal, and also claimed to do about 10 other exams which i never preformed, When we went to court, Judge agreed to Lower my PAY because of Falsely Doctors Report, When i complained to judge he asked me if i Video Taped it I said no, But i did tell him i bought my dad as a witness as the Paperwork to the appointment Said i could bring in a witness to the Exam, Then the Judge said My dad would not be considered a witness because he is my Dad, Well then Shouldn't the paper work state that? He Agreed and Said my pay will be lowered until next exam, about 8 months later I went to next exam, Had it Video Taped By Me and also by the doctor, I put my Recorder on the end of one room so it can counter Record what the doctor Recorded, Now because it was Recorded This Doctor had to do it by the book, the whole exam. it took him 52 Min's to Complete the exam and a 13 page Report. Went back to court, Judge Raised my pay back up to Full Benefits and also gave me Back pay for those 8 Months,

So you see if i didn't Record it i would of lost out of back pay and Full Pay. Because some of these IME Don't care, They just want to treat you like a $ sign and get you out of the office so they can get to the next patient and get paid, As far as my Lawyer is Concerned He wants me to Record Every Single Session because he knows my conditions and my Medical Findings and how it has affected me. So do my Friends, Family, and Co Workers and Bosses, But the insurance company just wants to Down Play your Injury so they can pay you less and add insult to Injury. Lesson Learned for me. Never go to an IME without it being Recorded its your word against there's "Doctor's" and you could never win. The proof is in the Video Taped Exam.

FCE is not an IME...
    and, FCE is generally performed by a physical therapist, or could be a physical medicine Dr.

Google "functional capacity evaluation"...there is lots of info out there. For the most part, it's a computer program...you go through the hoops, the person administering the FCE simply inputs the date generated... they don't really form opinions... it's based on your performance.
    The PT has a job description, that info in entered into the program etc etc... FCE is not mandatory... the results may be used by your Dr to determine any permanent restrictions. Recording a FCE goes absolutely noplace.

Thanks for answering vIA but here is my ? Why would the IC Pay someone to do an FCE if it goes no where, I Am sure there spending Millions of $'s a year Doing FCE for a Reason, I doubt they are going to thrown money away for no Reason.

So if its not Mandatory then it means i don't have to go? Also my Doctor has Preformed an FCE in his office, This isn't the Doctor asking for it its the IC /
    They Approved the Surgery, and twice sent me to there IME and both times was same Result, Will not Improve without Surgery. I don't have a problem going, but again, these PT that are Preforming This FCE Are not always Honest in there Report and not Always Correct in there Reports, Not All Parts of the FCE Exam are done Via the Computer, Some are Manual Exams Like Grabbing Little screw's and placing them in little holes and criss crossing them etc. Sobia where do you get that in NYS FCE Exams don't hold any water in court?

I just cant Believe that they created all these Very expensive Computers and Trained all these professionals in SMEs and are licensed by the State but yet hold no water in Court. I Doubt that very much. Do you have Proof these exams don't mean anything in Court ? I would love to see it. Thanks

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    FCE is not an IME...
    and, FCE is generally performed by a physical therapist, or could be a physical medicine Dr.

Google "functional capacity evaluation"...there is lots of info out there. For the most part, it's a computer program...you go through the hoops, the person administering the FCE simply inputs the date generated... they don't really form opinions... it's based on your performance.
    The PT has a job description, that info in entered into the program etc etc... FCE is not mandatory... the results may be used by your Dr to determine any permanent restrictions. Recording a FCE goes absolutely noplace.

I just cant Believe that they created all these Very expensive Computers and Trained all these professionals in SMEs and are licensed by the State but yet hold no water in Court.
    Someone thought this job up, developed the FCE, and taught other people how to administer... long ago...it's creating jobs. Jobs create payroll...consequently taxes are paid.

You don't need a FCE in court... you need Dr reports. PT's don't write Dr reports... Dr's write medical evidence.
    Stop overthinking this... if the carrier wants a FCE...you go, or you will be labled as uncooperative, and your benefits may be affected.

Sorry i didn't Reply Earlier, Haven't been feeling so well these days, Ive been a wreck, Anyways i went to this Exam, It was a Little Corney if you ask me, She is just Basically looking at your motor functions etc, and also mine was asking a lot of ?s on how the accident happened, and if that is the only place i was hurt at etc, Sounded to me like she was more of an investigator then anything else, So you have to be very careful what you tell anyone out side of your Lawyers Team and out side of your Doctors Team, its all about Giving you less payout, That is the bottom line.

Since then did a minor back surgery where they just snip out some of the Disc that is hitting the Nerve, Honestly Speaking, i didn't want to do this surgery, it was my Doctors Idea, He said he didn't feel i needed the Fusion and before putting me through this kind of Surgery "Fusion" he Recommend a spinal discectomy before Fusion, Oh well all hell broke loose after that, seems that when he cut out the piece of disc that was Pressing against the Nerve Only made things worse then better, Ill be Honest i can bend over 1-2 inches more then i did before i had the surgery, but Now i'm getting pain to both legs, stronger Spasms, My Legs Give out on me and the pains going down the legs are incredibly strong, I have never felt such strong pain in my life ever, Now i need a cane to walk 90% of the time Sitting Makes it incredibly worse, Go to bed Sore, Wake up sore, This spinal discectomy Did not improve my symptoms as the doctor thought it would /

Sometimes i wonder if Doctors do this the Double Dip on Surgery, First spinal discectomy, Then a spinal Fusion? Anyway He said My Disc on L3-L4 is Completely Gone and now Fusion is my only Option, Now i am afraid of doing another Surgery and being worse then i am now /

Has anyone done this a spinal discectomy Before and Felt better or worse? Please Chime in i would love to hear your stories. Thank you all for listening )

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    Someone thought this job up, developed the FCE, and taught other people how to administer... long ago...it's creating jobs. Jobs create payroll...consequently taxes are paid.

You don't need a FCE in court... you need Dr reports. PT's don't write Dr reports... Dr's write medical evidence.
    Stop overthinking this... if the carrier wants a FCE...you go, or you will be labled as uncooperative, and your benefits may be affected.