Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kentucky Workers

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Worker's Comp Doesn't Meet My Financial Needs

I was injured at work and may be off for a long period. The worker's comp benefits are only 66% of my income. My financial obligations are greater than the amount I will receive from WC, not to count the pain/suffering, decrease in daily joy due to my injury. My question is, I want to return to my position at my company as soon as I am able to but feel it is unfair that I lose money and have to suffer due to a work injury. Can I get financial settlement without jeopardizing my position at my company?

Default Re: Legal Advice

not to count the pain/suffering, decrease in daily joy due to my injury.
    Understand from the get go...there is NO money for those items you feel a loss from in a WC claim.
    Can I get financial settlement without jeopardizing my position at my company?
    There is NO guarantee of a cash settlement in a comp claim...WC is about paying weekly wage replacement benefits, medical care, and PPD indemnity based on % of impairment once you complete the recommended treatment plan, are stable or MMI/Max Medical Improvement has been reached.

If you are eligible for unpaid leave under FMLA, that will provide up to 12 weeks job/ER paid benefits, there is NO job protection in filing a comp claim. The longer you are out, the greater potenial of termination. Your ER is not required to hold your job, or create one when you are released.

In many if not most claims where a cash settlement is negotiated, voluntary seperation...termination, is included.
    Basis info on KY WC is here http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaim...9;-Claims.aspx
    You should consult with a few WC attorneys to determine the merits of your claim, and get that "legal advice" you are seeking.