Virginia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Virginia Workers

• Virginia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Virginia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Why Would the Commission Make Up Statements

I have had a case in Virginia now for 16 months. I just received the opinion of the full commission in Richmond. They completely made up a statement. They used this statement that was never said in my hearings as the basis for their opinion. How can this even be legal?

Default Re: Why Would the Commission Make Up Statements

There is not nearly enough info here to tell just what your sitaution may be.
    Talk to your attorney about the issues you wish to dispute.
    They used this statement that was never said in my hearings as the basis for their opinion.
    No one here would have any way to tell what that's about... there may be a court record/reporter from the hearing.

How can this even be legal?
    Not everything is "legal" vs "illegal"... again, talk to your attorney. There may be time sensitive issues here in filing any appeals.

Default Re: Why Would the Commission Make Up Statements

I had a hearing before a deputy commissioner about 6 months into my case. I have been diagnosed by 7 different doctors as having work related ptsd. I worked in law enforcement for 7 years. The city took a position that I have schizophrenia from high school. The Cities position could not be proven by any medical test and I wouldn't even have been hired if I had schizophrenia due to the psychological tests to become law enforcement. The final opinion of the deputy commissioner was that I did not have a case for my ptsd. This opinion was based on non relevant facts and items that she hers elf had thrown out of evidence. I appealed this opinion to the full commission virginia took about 16 months to get to this point. The full commission made their opinion based off of a statement from another person testifying in my case. The problem with this is the person never made that statement. They based their entire opinion off a statement that was never made.
    Unfortunately I do not have an attorney and cannot get 1 in this area. My case is against the elected sheriff and unfortunately his brother is in the state senate. This is made my case very political.