Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: MMI

Default MMI

When u get a ime review will that doctor give u the mmi rating? If not where would u go to get the rating. I've only been to chiro's and I've been to see a surgeon twice. It's been a year from the date I was injured and Ive did the epidural shots and pt for a year straight. Just curious on what doc. Gives the rating out. Thanks for your help.

Default Re: MMI

I have been writing under the assumption that this is a PA claim. If this is not a PA claim, ignore my response. There is no benefit in PA for the injured worker to obtain a rating. PA is a wage loss state and does not have a formula that utilizes the rating to determine future value. In most cases, the rating will be less than 50%. What this does is limit the injured worker's future entitlement to wage loss benefits. It helps the insurance company, not the injured worker. However, the impairment rating is not permitted until after the injured worker has received 104 weeks of temporary total disability benefits, so it is going to be another year before you face this problem. Furthermore, a rating is not required for a settlement in PA, so this does not mean you have to wait on settlement if that is what you and your lawyer determine is in your best interest.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

U have been greatly helpful. Thank u n yea I'm out in pa

Agree with above response and advice. But, be aware that you do not have to accept the less-than-50% MMI rating. There are ways to challenge the MMI rating on procedural and substantive basis. An experienced workers' compensation attorney can sit down with you and discuss a strategy in that situation.
    Halmon L. Banks, Esq.
    Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Attorney
    Email: HLBTeam@paworkinjury.com
    www.paworkinjury.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information and advise only. This post is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.