Angry Waiting Too Long to See a Doctor

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Tennessee. The ic denied my claim and was forced via court order to allow me to see a wc doctor. I have herniated discs and I'm no better than I was in June 2011 when all this started. Is it unusual to have to wait this long for a first visit?

Default Re: Seven Months

You didn't say when the first Dr visit is... What is the nature of your injury/claim, what is the reason for denial... when you file a first report of injury with your employer, they are required to provided immediate medical care... not really enough info here to tell what your situation is.

Have you consulted with an attorney to handle this claim... ?
    Info on WC in TN is here http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/Title50-6-101to801.htm

I saw my personal physician in July and filed a claim the same day my Mri was done. I hired an attorney in august as soon as the claim was denied. Initial denial was based on a lie that the insurance company drummed up that I had contradicted myself in a recorded statement...which they could not produce when my lawyer asked for a copy as it was not true. Since then my attorney went thru a process with the dol and it was decided I was entitled to be seen by a panel. My employer repeatedly refused a panel until about 3 weeks ago now I am still waiting for the ncm to contact me with a date to see a wc dr.

Ask your lawyer to follow up with them for you.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Thank you I will. I appreciate your help!