Default Is There a Way to Delete Your Account

Is there anyway to delete your account??? Thank you

Default Re: Is There a Way to Delete Your Account

contact Tony or administrator.

No but I can delete all of your posts, you would then be invisible unless you posted again.
    Let me know.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - always consult an attorney.

I haven't used this forum in a few years and just got an email today that someone had failed password attempts 5 times and their IP is locked out for 15 minutes. I would like information about removing my account.

Quote Quoting WVFighter View Post
    I haven't used this forum in a few years and just got an email today that someone had failed password attempts 5 times and their IP is locked out for 15 minutes. I would like information about removing my account.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, people play games from time to time - just some dumb ass.
    I can't delete the account.
    If you want, I can delete your postings and make you invisible, I can also ban you - let me know.
    I checked your profile, nice e-mail - that should work.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - always consult an attorney.

Tony, could you please erase all of my posts and ban me as a user. Someone is repeatedly attempting to access my account.

Quote Quoting TinnerJay View Post
    Tony, could you please erase all of my posts and ban me as a user. Someone is repeatedly attempting to access my account.
    That's a robot - we're experiencing a brute force log in attack.
    They're trying weak passwords like 1234 or abcd - it would take years to crack a password that's not in a dictionary or a word that's not in alphabetical order.
    As long as you have a secure password containing at least 6 characters with one number and one uppercase letter - you should be fine.
    I've banned several hundred older dormant accounts as a safe guard and these idiots still try, we may as well get used to it.

If you want, I can do what you've asked but if you change your password to a half secure one - you'll be OK
    Let me know what you want to do.
    Here's some info on the type of attack we're experiencing.

Brute-force attack
    1. A password and cryptography attack that does not attempt to decrypt any information, but continue to try a list of different passwords, words, or letters. For example, a simple brute-force attack may have a dictionary of all words or commonly used passwords and cycle through those words until it gains access to the account. A more complex brute-force attack involves trying every key combination in an effort to find the correct password that will unlock the encryption. Due to the number of possible combinations of letters, numbers, and symbols, a brute force attack can take a long time to complete. The higher the type of encryption used (64-bit, 128-bit or 256-bit encryption), the longer it can take.

Although a brute-force attack may be able to gain access to an account eventually, these attacks can take several hours, days, months, and even years to run. The amount of time it takes to complete these attacks is dependent on the complexity of the password, the strength of the encryption, how well the attacker knows the target, and the strength of the computer(s) being used to conduct the attack.
    To help prevent dictionary brute-force attacks many systems only allow a user to make a mistake in entering their username or password three or four times. If the user exceeds these attempts, the system will either lock them out of the system or prevent any future attempts for a set amount of time.
    http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/brutforc.htm

Tony