Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Knee Replacements Under Workers Comp Texas

Will workers comp pay for a knee replacement? My surgeon says I have to get my MMI (?) rating and then submit it, but says they normally reject it due to arthritis?

Default Re: Knee Replacements Under Workers Comp Texas

Yes...if medically necessary. Too many variables to say 'yes/no' in your case... where is your attorney ?

No attorney. I fell at an "employee boot camp" at the owner of the company's house. Did therapy, injections, and finally surgery. My knee hangs, pops, and will totally give way resulting in several falls. Swelling has never gone down, dr. says the injury accelerated arthritis and there is nothing else that can be done other than replacement. He says WC probably won't pay, I have no private insurance due to being terminated after the injury.

In many states, workers comp carriers have to pay for the aggravation or acceleration of a preexisting condition that is caused by a work comp injury. IN NC, for instance, your knee replacement would be covered by our comp law.

And it is not wise to rely on legal opinions from a doctor. He may be wrong.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law