Georgia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Georgia Workers

• Georgia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Georgia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How to Find a Good, Reputable Workers Comp Attorney

Hello,
    I guess the best place to start is at the beginning, My husband was injured at work in December 2001. His injury is classified as a catastrophic injury, along with various broken and fractured bones, he sustained a compression burst of the T-6 and T-11 vertebrae resulting in spinal cord damage.
    In the 10 yrs. since the accident he has not spoken to an attorney due to the fact that he has not had any trouble receiving the medical care he needs, which has been fairly extensive. He has had a few "minor" skirmishes over things like help with recreational aids, ( he was an avid hunter and fisherman before his accident), but they were eventually worked out in his favor.
    His main concern now is accessible housing. Although he is able to move around our home now with the aid of a forearm crutch, as he ages he will be more dependent on his power chair. (Due to the injury, his left arm and hand are completely immobile, requiring him to need a power chair.) We have been working on the housing issue aggresively for the past 5 or 6 years, with no results from the access insurance carrier. We are tired of meeting demands and jumping through hoops, to no avail.
    Is there a way to reliably research workers comp attorneys practices? We are not interested in the "vulture" advertisers on television, (Attorney X got me $400.000.00 for my injury!!) etc.......
    Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
    A Hurt Husband and Very Weary Wife

Default Re: Help, Finding a Good, Reputable Workers Comp Attorney

Weary Wife, check your private messages.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

www.wilg.org has a list of good and dedicated plaintiff's work comp lawyers on it.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Thank you for the info complwyr, I will certainly check it out!

Hey Bob, top of the afternoon to you. I have gone to this link that you provide for searching for WC AA's however, when I attempt to do a "find an attorney search", (Even when I use your information in detail"), all I get is a message that says, "Find An Attorney Search Results, Sorry, there are no results based on your search criteria. Click here to search again.".

Will/Can you please advise me as to what I am doing wrong. I have taken the liberty of passing your link on to others, (Of course I always reference the link to your credit ....) However, if others are getting this same message repeatedly, as I am, I would like to be able to give them specific instructions as to how to get "the list" of AA names for their specific areas.

TIA. Steel
    Last edited by SteelMagnolia; 03-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Try this link: There is a "find a lawyer" button on that site, and if put in a town and state, it should take you to lawyers in that area. I just did it for Atlanta and it had four lawyers listed. Anyone who joins WILG is a dedicated work comp lawyer for injured workers. I have been in it for a few years now, and I am continually impressed by the committment these lawyers have all across the country to helping injured workers. WILG has a listserv for members and we all communicate with each other that way, and I see what people are saying and thinking, so I can tell where they are coming from. I think any lawyer you select off that search will be a good one. But you may have to use a larger town than the one in which you live in order to get a result. The "Find an Attorney" button is at the very top of the home page of www.wilg.org

https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Thanks Bob. As always you are the Man. Much appreciate your reply. Have a Great Sunday
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.