New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Can You Collect a Pension While on Worker's Comp

Although I know I can collect SS while on workers comp Will I be eligible to collect my pension also..I am looking at yet another surgery just before I am ready to retire..

Default Re: Pension Issue

It would of been impossable for me to collect my pension if I had not been accepted to SS... I did get penelized due to age...like early retirement at age 55.

Your pension plan document should contain the answer. As a general rule, pensions are vested benefits and you will not lose any due to work comp benefits. But that is the general rule and it may not apply in your case. You will need to see what it says about work comp, disability, or credits in the pension plan paperwork.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Quote Quoting complwyr View Post
    Your pension plan document should contain the answer. As a general rule, pensions are vested benefits and you will not lose any due to work comp benefits. But that is the general rule and it may not apply in your case. You will need to see what it says about work comp, disability, or credits in the pension plan paperwork.
    Thanks Complwyr I will check with my local..

I had surgery for carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve. I was called by my employer one week after my surgery and terminated because THEY HEARD that I was talking about another employee using curse words. I called and obtained an attorney. I completed the paperwork to receive my 401K benefits. Will this affect my workers compensation benefits because I did not receive my WC weekly benefit check this week?

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

[QUOTE=noyaya;171530]I had surgery for carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve. I was called by my employer one week after my surgery and terminated because THEY HEARD that I was talking about another employee using curse words. I called and obtained an attorney. I completed the paperwork to receive my 401K benefits. Will this affect my workers compensation benefits because I did not receive my WC weekly benefit check this week?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I am 52 years old and was terminated from my job one week after surgery. I took my 401K. Will this affect my worker's compensation weekly benefits?