Thread: 2 Years on W/C

Default 2 Years on W/C

I've been on W/C for 2 years and I just received my last TTD check. So I applied so disability thru the state of California. I hope this is the right thing. I'm not a candidate for surgery. Due to what my Dr says. My injury is L/4 L/5 disk bulge with Fischer tear. I'm in constant pain and I'm barely out of bed. My lawyer mentioned a QME? Well now my legs gives out and my knees are killing me. What do I do? I feel like I'm getting the run around and I really need some advice from people who have gone thru what I've been thru. Thanks so much.

Default Re: 2 Years on W/C

What's up with the large fonts?

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

There is a 104 week cap on TTD in Calif.
    SDI pays an additional 52 weeks, if you are eligibile.

You say you are not a surgical candidate... your PTP should refer to a pain management Dr.
    Sometimes there simply isn't any more a Dr can offer... hopefully you can learn, with help, how to manage your pain symptoms.

A PQME/AME is used to resolve disputed medical issues.... apparently the defense is questioning your status, and wants you declared MMI and rated for PD/WPI. At that point, as you are MMI, your claim will move to some type of resolution/settlement.

GM Lynner, I am coming up on two years of wc as well. I have heriated disc at the l4 and l5-s1, a small annular tear, and a chronic pinched nerve. I too am not a candidate for surgery and I have reached MMI. I have constant pain in my lower back, my legs, and my feet. Lately, I have been having problems with my knees to, but I thought that maybe it was because I am mostly off my feet and in the bed and my muscles are getting weak. I am so tired of taking pain medication, it is so depressing to me that I am now taking anti depressants to cope daily.

Tony, Im new to this so I was playing with the fonts.

BvIA , thanks for the information. I do have a pain Dr. I'll ask him what more can be done, all these drugs are just annoying. This forum has helped me out a ton.

KKP, I'm sorry to hear of your pain. It's hard not to be depressed some days. I have kids that are in sports and my pain makes it very difficult for me to see their games. My knees as your are starting to kill me and I think its due to the way I bend over now. Everything is done with my knees. Lately I've started to actually feel the acid from my dick drop on to my nerve or the acid from my nerve drop on to my disk, not sure how it works. All I know is that is burns like a you know what. I have days where I don't even get out of bed. Well only to use the restroom. This injury has changed everything in my life. I don't even sleep in the same bed as my husband. I lay in a patio chair and cat nap all night long. I used to enjoy walks on the beach, bike riding, taking my dog for a walk. I cant do any of those things now. I'm so afraid I'll be like this for the rest of my life, and it's getting worse. What kind of life is this? It just feels hopeless, and now they are going to try and low ball my settlement I just know it. I'm not giving up. If they can't fix me, then they had better pay for me to have a some what back to normal life. I refuse to lay on my back and get ran over by W/C. Good luck to you.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

One more thought. I don't feel that I can be found MMI. Because my injury is getting worse. My leg gives out and my knees are hurting most of the day. I feel I am worse now that I was a year ago. So what would they do now? My Dr. said he was going to write my report, but I don't feel that I am MMI. Is there another option?

I am trying to figure out the same thing and no one seems to have any answers. My doctor says that I will have to permanently deal with chronic pain issues for the rest of my life. I guess at this point I need to learn how to cope and get through this on a daily basis. There are days for me, where I can't get out of bed either. I cannot even take baths because of the difficulty of sitting in the tub and standing. I nearly broke my arm trying to get up out of the tub, therefore; I can only take showers. It's even difficult to reach certain areas that my husband has to assist me. My entire life has been ruined from this accident. I am not even 40 years old yet and feeling like I am as old as my grandmother.

One more thought. I don't feel that I can be found MMI. Because my injury is getting worse. My leg gives out and my knees are hurting most of the day. I feel I am worse now that I was a year ago. So what would they do now? My Dr. said he was going to write my report, but I don't feel that I am MMI. Is there another option?
    Being MMI does not mean you won't be provided additional medical care... only that your condition is stable, or possibly you have reached the TTD cap and are statutorily MMI. Or, that there is simply no other treatment options available for your injury, you go to pain management.
    and now they are going to try and low ball my settlement I just know it. I'm not giving up. If they can't fix me, then they had better pay for me to have a some what back to normal life. I refuse to lay on my back and get ran over by W/C.
    I'm going to suggest that you move on from that thought process.
    WC is a set of laws enacted by the state legislature, the benefits are pre determined based on impairment once you are stable. Whether you can return to your pre injury job, or "life", is not the issue, nor is there compensation beyond what the statutes provide.

The best advice I can offer here is... hard as it may be, try not to let this claim... or injury control your life. As the PM Dr for referral to psych counseling. Learn how to live with your life altering injury/situation. Many many people do this every day... when you look around, you're apt to see lots of people much worse off than you are. Good luck to you.

If you are MMI you might as well getup and get going within your restrictions. I am two years post injury. I could have had a pity party everyday. You make it on what it is. I can't do a bathtub ever so what I take a shower. It takes me longer for everything I do,,,,,,,,but I am doing it And not living for my pain pills or my spouse to help me. My suggestion is make a life for yourself it takes time but you will feel better for trying.