Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default PTSD and Workers Compensation

Hello Forum,

I was recently diagnosed with PTSD, after spending a little over 1 week in the hospital. The hospital's Psychiatrist declared it work related as I have had 4 work related incidents that were [life] threatening. The nature of my work requires that I work in the field (outside) for 8 hours out of a 9 hour shift and go to people's homes by appointment or to make contact. My job is not willing to switch me to a different position. Do I have a WC case?

Default Re: Do I Have a Case

Without knowing a little more (i.e. what you do for a living, what the "incidents" actually included, etc) it is difficult to properly answer your question. Just realize that the injured worker claiming a psychiatric injury due to emotional or non-physical occurrence has a greater burden of proof that the traditional physically injured worker. You must prove that the work related stress was caused by actual objective "abnormal working conditions" as opposed to subjective, perceived or imagined work events. Mental/mental claims or claims where psychological stimulus cause psychic injuries are very fact specific at times. Calling an attorney to discuss the specifics of your potential claim would be a good starting point. Good luck.
    Francis J. Lafferty, IV, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Pennsylvania.
    fjl@norlaflaw.com
    www.norlaflaw.com
    http://www.workers-compensation-blog.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of PA and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Default Re: Do I Have a Case

It will cost you nothing to have a WC attorney look at your possible case. They only charge you a percent of your proceeds if any are awarded, so it never comes out of your pocket. You only loose if you do nothing to help yourself. Please seek help if you feel you need it. I did and its changed my life.