Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lies About Workers Comp

I was reading how in wisconsin the employee makes the first choice in doctors this is WRONG and how it takes 3 days to get your check after being injured this is WRONG AGAIN so how do we get the laws changed to help the injured worker because so far we are not being helped as the articles say we are to be helped.....

Default Re: Lies About Workers Comp

contact your local legislative representative; camp laws are changed in your state capitol.

I did contact my state rep and he did not get back to me on this issue..... and I have been injured since august 2010....

don't quit.
    you have both senators and assemblymen from your district. use email, phone, and letters to get them to change the laws. it may take dozens of contacts before you get someone to listen.

Are you kidding? Calling your legislators in Wisconsin right now is probably an act of futility. Don't the Republicans control the legislature in Wisconsin? And isn't your governor Scott Walker, who is infamous all over the country for doing everything he can to hurt working people and labor unions so that the owners of business corporations can make more money?

You guys in Wisconsin are fooling yourselves if you think Scott Walker and his Republican legislature are going to do anything to help injured workers. In fact, they are much more likely to change your work comp laws to favor the companies rather than the workers. That is what happens everywhere else in the country when the Republicans get enough votes in the state legislatures.

If you want better workers' comp laws, then stop voting for the people who are not on your side. Those politicians are easy to spot. They call themselves "Republicans" and they also like to call themselves "conservatives." Another way to spot them is this: If Gov. Scott Walker endorses them, don't vote for them. But if you guys in Wisc. keep voting for these venal politicians, then your situation in workers' comp will never improve. It will only get worse.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Contacting your state legislature isn't likely to help with this claim. The laws/rules applicable to your claim won't be changed.
    •An injured worker has the right to receive the medical care reasonable and necessary to treat a work-related injury or illness.
    •An injured worker has the right to a first and second choice of doctors licensed to practice & practicing in this state. Any out-of-state or third choice of doctors must be made by mutual agreement with the insurance carrier unless you have a referral from your doctor
    •An injured worker does not need to get approval to go to a different doctor if:
    •for emergency treatment
    •within the same partnership or clinic
    •as the original doctor selected
    •upon referral from his/her original choice of doctors
    WC is a very complex set of laws enacted by the state legislature to implement the State Constitutional mandate.
    It's not enough to say you have been lied to... there are various reasons for the situation you find yourself in.
    Your interestes would best be served by consulting with a WC attorney.

Info on WI WC laws/process is here http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/wc/legal/

Quote Quoting complwyr View Post
    Are you kidding? Calling your legislators in Wisconsin right now is probably an act of futility. Don't the Republicans control the legislature in Wisconsin? And isn't your governor Scott Walker, who is infamous all over the country for doing everything he can to hurt working people and labor unions so that the owners of business corporations can make more money?

You guys in Wisconsin are fooling yourselves if you think Scott Walker and his Republican legislature are going to do anything to help injured workers. In fact, they are much more likely to change your work comp laws to favor the companies rather than the workers. That is what happens everywhere else in the country when the Republicans get enough votes in the state legislatures.

If you want better workers' comp laws, then stop voting for the people who are not on your side. Those politicians are easy to spot. They call themselves "Republicans" and they also like to call themselves "conservatives." Another way to spot them is this: If Gov. Scott Walker endorses them, don't vote for them. But if you guys in Wisc. keep voting for these venal politicians, then your situation in workers' comp will never improve. It will only get worse.
    +1 You are so right, its sick ! thank you

I don't know what you people are talking about. As a fellow injured worker in Wi., it was my choice of what doc I wanted to see. Even after I had 2 surgeries and still had trouble, I chose what doc to see when I switched docs. Someone is jackin you around. Get a good WC lawyer. Don't believe the IC bullcrap, its your choiice. As far as a check, I recieved my first TTD payment within a week.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

You need to quit watching MSNBC. As I have said before, Walkers so called "anti-union" stance was about public sector unions. These unions colectively bargain against the taxpayer. I don't think having them contribute to they're own health and pension funds is that big of a deal. Basically , in my union, I contribute to my own health and welfare fund. His policies have reduced unemployment and balanced the budget. Try that in Washington. Plus, its sad that a forum that is supposed the help injured workers has turned into a battlefield for political ideology.

Quote Quoting colby View Post

[/COLOR]You need to quit watching MSNBC. As I have said before, Walkers so called "anti-union" stance was about public sector unions. These unions colectively bargain against the taxpayer. I don't think having them contribute to they're own health and pension funds is that big of a deal. Basically , in my union, I contribute to my own health and welfare fund. His policies have reduced unemployment and balanced the budget. Try that in Washington. Plus, its sad that a forum that is supposed the help injured workers has turned into a battlefield for political ideology.
    I think you should go to your union hall and say that to your BA, better yet speak at your next union meeting!!!!!

Union membership is down to 9% but for some reason they still get the brunt of problems.....

I find it funny/sick all this crap about coletive bargaining is 100% republicain brought on!...The banks brought the world to its knees, not unions......

If I said that at a meeting, I'd leave on a stretcher. And you are 100% right on about the banks. They put way to much on their plate in the housing market. When the bubble burst, the economy dropped like a bowling ball.